Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why on earth do people think Froch will beat Groves in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Groves was slowing down in that fight and getting hit more often as the fight went on. The fight was stopped prematurely, but Froch was on his way to stopping Groves in the next couple of rounds IMO.
    I think the intensity would of swayed things in Froch's favour in the championship rounds.
    Froch started slowly and had a bad day..i don't think he will this time.

Groves is a quality fighter, and has the skill set to out-box Froch in the rematch. But for me, i think Froch gets to him and stops him late.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      I pick Froch to win because he showed in the first fight he can finish stronger. Also i think he underestimated Groves, and started too slow. This time he will start faster and sharper, and tighten up his defence.

I think groves will outbox him again, but Froch will stop him late. But it will be close.
      No novelty here: Froch always finished stronger -- he made a name in boxing by finishing stronger...
      Froch may not be a "light" in the sport, but he's a straightforward fighter with "strong" chin and good legs...
      (I have nothing against the ugly kid and I reckon -- as many -- that the first match was stopped prematurely.)

Comment

I think Groves will put him to sleep this time.

Comment

Froch beats Groves worse in a rematch..Stops him again..

I believe Froch over looked Groves the first time,I don't think that will be the case with a rematch..Froch by KO around the 6th or 7th..

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Froch is stronger over 12. I think at some point Groves gets pulled into a dogfight.
            We saw last time that it wouldn't necessarily be Froch's advantage to go into a dogfight with Groves who seem like the crisper, and dare I say, harder puncher.

Froch should concentrate on getting his jab to work this time around, it was totally non-existent last time.

Comment

Having heard the first couple of interviews and rewatched the fight again...

3 months out, I think Groves wins. Froch simply gets wound up by him too much. I originally picked Froch by KO, but I think the first fight took something out of him and Groves will probably be even better.

Subject to change at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                I think Groves was slowing down in that fight and getting hit more often as the fight went on. The fight was stopped prematurely, but Froch was on his way to stopping Groves in the next couple of rounds IMO.
                I think the intensity would of swayed things in Froch's favour in the championship rounds.
                Froch started slowly and had a bad day..i don't think he will this time.

Groves is a quality fighter, and has the skill set to out-box Froch in the rematch. But for me, i think Froch gets to him and stops him late.
                This is pretty much what I think too. I feel as though Groves will have success again, but will also fall short again. Good fight though, and one that has to happen for both guys careers.

Comment

I think Froch will dust Groves off in the rematch to be honest. I don't think people quite understand what it is like to rattled, which is what happened in the first round, it takes a while to recover from. Providing Froch doesn't get clipped in the opening round, I see him being more competitive in the opening rounds and finishing Groves in about 6-8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    We saw last time that it wouldn't necessarily be Froch's advantage to go into a dogfight with Groves who seem like the crisper, and dare I say, harder puncher.

Froch should concentrate on getting his jab to work this time around, it was totally non-existent last time.
                    Maybe early in the fight..As the fight wore on tho,Froch was clearly the hard and more accurate puncher..His shots also was inflicting more damage as well..Even tho I think Groves can grow from his experience in there with Froch..An immediate rematch would not be to Groves favor,imo..

Comment

i scored it 78-73 FROCH at the time of the stoppage. it was a one-sided fight. froch dominated every second except for when he got dropped in the first round. the rematch will look like froch vs bute.

and i noticed some people talking about the dirrell fight. dirrell lost because he's been shot ever since golovkin destroyed him in the amateurs. froch didnt need any hometown help in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X