Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why on earth do people think Froch will beat Groves in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
    Sorry but it was a very one sided beat down, you're not suppose to score punches that aren't landing or are landing off the arms and gloves...
    Froch was sloppy as anything but that is just his style, he isn't anything spectacular in the regards of being able to pick the perfect counter punch, minus that chin of his he would of been flattened.

Groves hardly took any punishment and was neglected of taking any punishment due to a fixed fight, this fight was clear daylight robbery it was fixed from the minute it begun the scorecards prove that.

End of the day full blooded power shots vs Carl Frochs arm punches...
    Its non comparable, Groves was schooling Froch just as good as Andre Ward was doing to him but luckily for Ward he wasn't going to get robbed because he wasn't fighting in England and Eddie Hearns wallet isn't deep enough to pull off a robbery state side.
    Respectfully disagree, I've watched the fight many times and drawn my own conclusions...I suspect further discussion on this won't get us anywhere tho.

I'm willing to bet some points on the rematch if you're willing tho - sadly I don't have much, but for the sake of principle I'll go all in wherever my total stands at the time.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-17-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

It was a one sided fight , Forch had one round of success and the fight was stopped

Watching Froch get hit with a double right was hilarious

Groves was landing at will, i'm surprised Groves didnt throw the right more often, Froch couldnt see it coming and in the rematch he will not see it coming, a old leopard cant change its spots

Comment

I'm picking froch.. Why..

1: 12rnd fighter, the dude has crazy stamina. He always closes the later half of the fights on top.

2: Experience is on his side. Been there and done it..

3: He's more than likely going to draft in Pascal or kessler as sparring partners to emulate the right hand coming in. I expect him to cope better with it in this fight.

4: Power and finishing is on his side. Groves couldnt finish Froch of no matter what he hit him with, and he hit him alot. Once Groves is hurt I fully expect Froch to finish him off there and then..

Groves best chance of winning is early though. When is speed and timing are far more effective..

Comment

they pick him because he very nearly KO Groves in the first fight after Groves had thrown everything at him, also Froch will not be taking this rematch lightly and he underestimated him last time, doubt he will make that mistake again, true Groves was the better man and better boxer and he still will be but he cant avoid getting into a brawl and thats where he cant match Froch , s o if he boxes and keeps his cool he wins if not he gets knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            It was a one sided fight , Forch had one round of success and the fight was stopped

Watching Froch get hit with a double right was hilarious

Groves was landing at will, i'm surprised Groves didnt throw the right more often, Froch couldnt see it coming and in the rematch he will not see it coming, a old leopard cant change its spots
            I also can't understand why Groves didn't finish Froch if he was capable of doing so. Was he just trying to carry Carl to make it an entertaining fight for the punters?

Froch by late TKO.

I'll betcha my measly 18K if Keitha doesn't take me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
              Groves hardly took any punishment
              Yep...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                I also can't understand why Groves didn't finish Froch if he was capable of doing so. Was he just trying to carry Carl to make it an entertaining fight for the punters?

Froch by late TKO.

I'll betcha my measly 18K if Keitha doesn't take me up.
                He showed Froch way to much respect

Groves is growing and still learning, this guy doesnt have the experience, but in a rematch he'll be experienced and know who he is dealing with

He now knows he can hurt Froch whenever he wants, and he can land that right hand a 100 times in a row.

Comment

Groves hit Froch with all he could and Froch was still there.

The first time in the fight Froch really got to Groves, he was snapping his head all over the shop, his head was down, and his legs were sagging. He was about to get knocked spark out.

That is why Froch will beat Groves again. He WILL get to him at some point in the fight, and we know Groves' chin can't hold up.

Comment

For me it all depends on whether Groves can improve his physical condition or not. I'm not saying he didn't come into the first fight in good shape, but if you watch the fights where he's been pushed (Froch fight, DeGale fight and Anderson fight), his natural conditioning is not great. The most common criticism Groves gets is that he's chinny. I don't think so, or at least not especially. The problem is that the later Groves gets into a fight, his ability to take punishment deteriorates. That's a stamina/conditioning issue, not a chin issue. Obviously the stoppage in the Froch fight was bull****, but he was definitely hurt and Froch is usually a good finisher. I'd be surprised if Groves had survived.

If I were in the Groves corner I'd go for one of two strategies:

1. Stop Froch early. Throw everything at him. Iron chin or no iron chin, fighters can get caught cold as Froch did in the first fight. It can happen again.

2. Pace the fight round-by-round. Don't go for the knockout, aim to outbox and take the emotion out of the fight.

Groves is capable of implimenting both strategies, but in my opinion he needs to commit to one or the other. If he is going to look to nail Froch with everything, Groves needs to make it count early, or else he'll fade like he did in the first fight - and he did fade, robbery-stoppage aside. If Groves can pace himself and keep his discipline, he could pull off a wide decision victory, provided he leaves enough in the tank. Groves can't afford to get excited everytime he nails Froch with a big one, because if it isn't early, you probably aren't going to be able to make it count against Froch.

For Froch, he needs to give Groves more respect and he needs to make it a close quarters fight, exploding in bursts like he did against Bute. Froch is used to being the rangier fighter, using his jab for control, but the speed difference is too much and Groves has the superior jab, so Froch needs this to be a dogfight, wearing Groves down.

Comment

Groves was winning the first fight IMO and Froch's performance was poor . However I am picking Froch to win as don't think he prepared properly in the first fight and took groves lightly. Froch was embarrassed and will prepare much better and will stick to a much tighter fight plan but if he fights like he did in the first fight he will lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X