Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather official voting site up- Khan or Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's what puzzles me, maidana has a TITLE, so floyd can actually call him a "true champion". maidana also is a easier fight, and he would receive less backlash from the fans cause most feel he "deserves" it more.

so why is may fighting glass jaw khan then??? is it really because he wants a knockout? or does he feel the PPV sales are much bigger? interesting to hear floyd's reasoning on all access...... wait, i think i already know..

"I gave the fans what they want to see" lol

Comment

• The only saleable fight for Mayweather's next fight is a pressure fighter, the Angulo types, Margarito types, etc. Cotto was getting close, but there were way too many rounds where he tried to box, instead of doing what he's supposed to do from start to finish, that is apply pressure, pressure, pressure. People were tricked into believing Canelo would end what Cotto started. But the guy turned out to be lazy as ****. In the last round where his only option was to KO Floyd, he seemed irritated chasing Floyd and motioned, "why not come and get me, instead?"

So it's not Khan that would bring pressure to Floyd, it's Maidana. Khan vs Floyd would be a boring chess match.

Comment

• 3:10

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
          The only saleable fight for Mayweather's next fight is a pressure fighter, the Angulo types, Margarito types, etc. Cotto was getting close, but there were way too many rounds where he tried to box, instead of doing what he's supposed to do from start to finish, that is apply pressure, pressure, pressure. People were tricked into believing Canelo would end what Cotto started. But the guy turned out to be lazy as ****. In the last round where his only option was to KO Floyd, he seemed irritated chasing Floyd and motioned, "why not come and get me, instead?"

So it's not Khan that would bring pressure to Floyd, it's Maidana. Khan vs Floyd would be a boring chess match.
          Floyd loves pressure fighters, because they walk onto his counters, he has many opportunities to set up traps

Floyd however hasnt been forced to chase someone around in a long time, Khan has the ability to land a quick flurry and get on his bike, forcing Floyd to cut off the ring. something he doesn't enjoy doing, as there is more chance he might walk on to something himself. he'll have to try something different for a change.

Floyd has made a career out of beating mexican styled slow plodding brawlers, yet here we are again with some idiots wanting to watch the same movie all over again

Comment

• Originally posted by rich6666 View Post
            3:10
            paulie talking about pitty pat lmfao

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              I don't think we can discount style considerations so easily. Certain boxers will always struggle with certain styles irrespective of recent form (which I don't think is as bad as you're making out).

Incidentally, if Maidana repeats the trick against Broner he'll likely get the shot in September anyhow.
              What people that just watch don't know is...

Form and individual quality matters more than style. Maidana is in top form, best of his career. Khan's best days were at 140 before Peterson. He does not even appear to have the same pop he did at 140.

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Floyd loves pressure fighters, because they walk onto his counters, he has many opportunities to set up traps

Floyd however hasnt been forced to chase someone around in a long time, Khan has the ability to land a quick flurry and get on his bike, forcing Floyd to cut off the ring. something he doesn't enjoy doing, as there is more chance he might walk on to something himself. he'll have to try something different for a change.

Floyd has made a career out of beating mexican styled slow plodding brawlers, yet here we are again with some idiots wanting to watch the same movie all over again
              It depends how they pressure. Jesus Chavez, Castillo, and Cotto all had success pressuring Floyd. Maidana has the tools to be that type of dogged opponent with awkward angles and an unpredictable rhythm. Primed and prepared to rough up Money however he can.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                paulie talking about pitty pat lmfao
                That is what you got out of the video???? Not Roy Jones stating "that the only person he believes has a chance at disrupting mayweather's undefeated record is Khan"???
                Last edited by rich6666; 02-09-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

That is what you got out of the video???? Not Roy Jones stating that the only person he believes has a chance at disrupting mayweather's undefeated record is Khan???
                  Why do you neglect to mention that Roy said this before Khan was destroyed by Garcia?

Comment

3:10
                    That was very interesting. I respect those two immensely. I think even if he doesn't fight Khan in his next fight, he will afterwords.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                      What people that just watch don't know is...

Form and individual quality matters more than style. Maidana is in top form, best of his career. Khan's best days were at 140 before Peterson. He does not even appear to have the same pop he did at 140.

It depends how they pressure. Jesus Chavez, Castillo, and Cotto all had success pressuring Floyd. Maidana has the tools to be that type of dogged opponent with awkward angles and an unpredictable rhythm. Primed and prepared to rough up Money however he can.

yes maidana could potentially make it rough for floyd but understand cotto and castillo were levels above skill wise on maidana. lets face it, khan gives him a better fight. maidana use is awkward and unpredictable but floyd has seen it all and way worse brother. maidana will look slow as molasses in there with floyd because after the 3rd round floyd will have his timing down, adjusted, and be landing the right hand at will

Comment

Working...
                      X