Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia is so boring, last night I turned off my TV half way through the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lampley really missed a great opportunity last night for a bang bang bang bang moment. is lampley past his prime?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      you guys really don't know boxing if you think mikey was the reason that fight was boring. he was literally cutting the ring off by the end.

burgos is a very experienced 130 lb fighter. he had a good chin, and he was looking to survive.

garcia has an amazing ability to see and pick off shots, especially the jab. it's a pleasure to watch if you like boxing.
      Precisely this. Mikey did everything possible to make that fight. Against a bigger man, who usually comes forward. Mikey owned the ring with a beautiful boxing display.

Comment

that's the truth dude is too careful

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          Big difference in styles, Mikey to me is just like this generic no brand orange juice that sells for less. He's got no bells, whistles, no frills. He's like white bread except his brown. He's a good boxer but even when he wins by ko, he's just unexciting to me.
          Took the words right out of my mouth with "even when he wins by Ko he's unexciting". It's almost like a wlad fight. U know the KO Is either likely or it's coming but there's no foreplay. Just basic textbook boxing until his opponent finally succumbs to the punishment or is caught with something big. No real drama or flash with mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Precisely this. Mikey did everything possible to make that fight. Against a bigger man, who usually comes forward. Mikey owned the ring with a beautiful boxing display.

the only thing i question on mikey is the beard. it's a weird chin. his defense is almost airtight, especially at arm's length. he has great, great vision. the one big shot he took buckled his legs just enough to give me pause.

pacqauio would definitely knock him out. that fight is just a pipe dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              juan carlos zab judos looked like he hadn't eaten in months. he might be taller but he was hungry for a sandwich not a title.

Comment

TS, it just sounds like you want him to get hit to me.

you're watching the wrong fighter if you want to see a guy taking punches in victory.

Comment

Only here boxers who dominate their opposition get called boring if your opponent has his mindset changed from "I'm gonna win this" to "Holy **** I gotta survive this" It aint as easy as you people think to get the person outta there, just think Agbeko vs Rigondeaux and Rigo threw over 800 punches in that fight or also Clottey vs Pacquiao it is not easy especially when your temperament is being a counter puncher.

Comment

I get it. There's nothing dynamic to enjoy during the domination. Garcia is just a solid, skilled fighter. That being said, he wasn't the one running away last night. Blame Burgos.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      TS, it just sounds like you want him to get hit to me.

you're watching the wrong fighter if you want to see a guy taking punches in victory.
                      I find Andre Ward and Bhop ten times more exciting than Mikey. Like I said he's got no charisma. Like another poster said, there is no foreplay in his fights. Everything is so systematic but without any charm either. I am not asking for Mikey to get hit more but he does strain my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X