Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia is so boring, last night I turned off my TV half way through the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey Garcia is so boring, last night I turned off my TV half way through the fight

I think this is a first for me, I even managed to watch Pascal vs Bute until the end. There is something about Mikey's style that I can't stomach. Anybody else feels the same way?

He might still be able to beat Gamboa, cause Gammboa's too bloated and inactive but I cannot watch Mikey fight another round. He's efficient, he's effective, he's a very good technician and tactician, but maybe he's too fundamental for my liking. Kind of like Tim Duncan.

Arums on a roll in putting his biggest fighters against guys who turn up to just go the distance! Garbage mismatches type of fights. Brandon rios, agbeko and Burgos.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      I think this is a first for me, I even managed to watch Pascal vs Bute until the end. There is something about Mikey's style that I can't stomach. Anybody else feels the same way?

He might still be able to beat Gamboa, cause Gammboa's too bloated and inactive but I cannot watch Mikey fight another round. He's efficient, he's effective, he's a very good technician and tactician, but maybe he's too fundamental for my liking. Kind of like Tim Duncan.
      Floyd Mayweather and Guillermo Rigondeaux are amongst your favourites.

Comment

you guys really don't know boxing if you think mikey was the reason that fight was boring. he was literally cutting the ring off by the end.

burgos is a very experienced 130 lb fighter. he had a good chin, and he was looking to survive.

garcia has an amazing ability to see and pick off shots, especially the jab. it's a pleasure to watch if you like boxing.

Comment

It takes two to tango, Burgos was content to box with Mikey and not try to force anything - look at what happened to Salido. I would've liked to have seen Mikey try and open him up though but after eating that big left hook early on, I doubt he was really that enthusiastic.

As NE said, I was happy enough just watching him picking off the jab and throwing his over it.

Comment

Mikey is a great boxer/tactician but everything he does is textbook. Sure it works for him but there's little entertainment value unless you're a fan of the chess aspect of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              Arums on a roll in putting his biggest fighters against guys who turn up to just go the distance! Garbage mismatches type of fights. Brandon rios, agbeko and Burgos.
              And on top of that we have the most dysfunctional broadcasting team commentating the fight.

Max is a complete idiot, clearly not knowing his role and trying to be the colour commentator he is not. Then Ward is trying to take the role of Kellerman and tell us why the Spilka vs Jennings fights is not that unexciting. Upon hearing his backwards logic that it's good for Jennings to have a difficult, awkward fight Jim agrees. It's beyond embarassing. They can't even call fights what they are just cause Larry isn't there. I am not Larry's biggest fan but at least he would call people out. Right now with Andre Ward being there, we could be watching boxers box with their hands tied behind their back and Ward would be telling us that it's good entertainment cause the fighters are experiencing something they haven't yet thusfar. Thank God I don't have a balcony in my apartment, I likely would've jumped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                Floyd Mayweather and Guillermo Rigondeaux are amongst your favourites.
                Big difference in styles, Mikey to me is just like this generic no brand orange juice that sells for less. He's got no bells, whistles, no frills. He's like white bread except his brown. He's a good boxer but even when he wins by ko, he's just unexciting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  you guys really don't know boxing if you think mikey was the reason that fight was boring. he was literally cutting the ring off by the end.

burgos is a very experienced 130 lb fighter. he had a good chin, and he was looking to survive.

garcia has an amazing ability to see and pick off shots, especially the jab. it's a pleasure to watch if you like boxing.
                  Yeeeeeep. Amazes me that people aren't giving him credit for making the fight and dominating it both.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                    Yeeeeeep. Amazes me that people aren't giving him credit for making the fight and dominating it both.
                    I am giving Mikey all the credit for what he's done. Unfortunately, I find him very unentertaining even when he wins by ko.

Comment

Working...
                    X