Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lara can not get the fights he wants at 154, why not move to 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I'm asking the question How am I going to tell you the answer to a question I'm asking?

There's a reason I'm asking the question; Because I don't know it. It's not rhetorical or some secret message to it.

It's not difficult.
    Don't act like you aren't on google bro

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Oh...

So Floyd the JMW super duper champ can't fight an actual JMW?

Let me guess Angulo and Trout are too big for JMW also. They rehydrate to 170+
      actually they are. People have been complaining about it in boxing for years where guys go down in weight to have a super advantage. 154 pounders gaining 20 pounds over night is a joke and shouldnt be allowed.

BTW, I didnt get your 1st sentence

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Floyd is a good sized WW. Lara would be a small SMW/LHW. Not the same.
        Good sized as in what? He is about 3lbs heavier than 147 on fight night, as opposed to the normal 10-15lbs other JWW's-WW's rehydrate. So I don't know what you mean by good sized. You mean great skills, therefore he negates the size disadvantage he has at WW. But good sized WW? No, not at all. May, JMM, Pac are the same size on WW fight nights, Floyd has a 1 and 2 inch height advantage over them respectively, and a considerable reach advantage, which makes people say he is "bigger".

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Don't act like you aren't on google bro
          I struggle with it to be honest with you.

But I've been given the answers here anyway.

Was their a point here or something because I missed it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            So what? He fought some good guys regardless of what anyone thinks of Canelo does that mean he can just take on soft touches forever and retain his status? I think not.
            what soft touches. Danny Garcia is P4P. Thats one of the guys you are speaking of, right? That is in no way a soft touch. Now I agree that Khan is if he picks him but the only reason I wont get upset about that fight like others do is because I think it guarantees a huge fight next. I just dont see Showtime signing off on Khan unless Floyd agreed to fight a Pac, or Lara, or Sergio, or something like that next

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
              why do people keep talking like this, like Floyd hasnt fought someone good or tough in years. He just fought Canelo, a guy a million people said he would duck. He just fought him
              Slurp slurp SLURP

Comment

I know you dont believe that
                yes i do. floyd's defense is sh-it against southpaws with good straight lefts. even old bums like mitchell landed with ease on him. add in laras ability to move around the ring and floyd would walk into punches all fight. floyd doesn't have the power or combo punching to trouble lara at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Slurp slurp SLURP
                  Shawn "oooh, Im cool, Watch me get under DLT's skin. Just watch....slurp slurp"

so corny

Comment

what soft touches. Danny Garcia is P4P. Thats one of the guys you are speaking of, right? That is in no way a soft touch. Now I agree that Khan is if he picks him but the only reason I wont get upset about that fight like others do is because I think it guarantees a huge fight next. I just dont see Showtime signing off on Khan unless Floyd agreed to fight a Pac, or Lara, or Sergio, or something like that next
                    140lb fighter who has a limited skill set against a fighter light Floyd is a soft touch.

Wide looping punches that Floyd can see, give me a break. Life and death every fight of his career, thats Danny Garcia. Props to him for it, but lets not pretend he is some p4p skilled fighter who can remotely trouble Floyd.

Comment

• I saw Larry made the thread so guessin it's probably some "Love Floyd" thread LOL but ima answer this seriously, so here goes:

Lara at 160 gets owned by GGG and if Martinez is back to his best or close to it, he'll school Lara, hurt him and maybe end him but I think Lara has the tools to beat the very, very limited Quillin, that's a good call but like many Cuban pros, he likes to take the safe road and the safe road for him is 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X