Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the double standard: Mayweather and Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather shows more dimensions than Rigondeaux and is more entertaining to watch.

Comment

Rigo just needs the right opponets, let talk real talk.

Mayweather before Delahoya......Mayweather after Delahoya.

Comment

Rigo is an unknown cuban who doesn't speak english, and doesn't bother with antics to attract fans in an idiotic manner, he also struck out very late in his career, hes 32 now.

Rigo just cares about being the best in his class. Rigo is amazing. His destruction of Donaire is perhaps more impressive than any win Floyd has ever had.

Floyd's now an icon for black america. He just has to win, doesn't matter if its exciting or not. That's why Floyd keeps winning, cuz he's smart, won't trade the possibility of losing to entertain fans, like some other dum dums might.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
          When Mayweather puts on a technical clinic with little offense its acknowledged as masterful by even casual fans and he's the biggest money fighter in the sport. When Guillermo Rigondeaux puts on a technical masterclass and schools a fighter he gets ignored if not criticized by fans and commentators, and gets booted off HBO for not being fan friendly enough.

What makes Floyd's fights so much more exciting than Rigondeaux's?
          There's no doublestandard, Rigo is just a boring, Mayweather does everything in the ring, he runs when he wants, he sits with you in the pocket, or even walks you down.

Rigo fans think they're boxing experts, yet dont see the differenece in styles

"dooh doh buuuut Rigo Also boxez"

Rigo needs to stay out of PPV, dont want fans to fall asleep and miss the main event

Comment

fraud and rigo have the same style both are boring fighters. the only difference between the two snoozers is more people watch fraud jr fights not because of his exciting style but people want to see him lose.

Comment

Floyd markets himself better; rigo shud just become a mini mayorga and talk **** about Mexicans, pretty that will get him some pay days

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                Rigondeaux fought more aggressively and excitingly vs Donaire than Floyd has in years.
                are you serious? Floyd just spent his very last fight walking down a guy who is 20 pounds bigger and even more then that naturally for majority of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                  This is an overstatement people make up. I like to use it myself but it isn't true. The coward doesn't have a killer instinct and that's where this statement comes from.

You don't really appreciate it until you start really seeing his more boring fights. I watch the coward's stuff alot.
                  If you watch Alot of his fights, then you should know only 3 of his last fights came by way of Decision. Before that Rigo has shown great body attacks with crippling body shots and a straight right with some real bang. Dude has 13 fights with 8 coming by Ko/TKO. He wanted to outbox and embarrass Donaire which he did very well.

Though not the most fan friendly, dude has skill.

Now if your talking about Mayweather. ... I'm too damn tired writing all this. And it's obvious you don't know sh** about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    There's no doublestandard, Rigo is just a boring, Mayweather does everything in the ring, he runs when he wants, he sits with you in the pocket, or even walks you down.

Rigo fans think they're boxing experts, yet dont see the differenece in styles

"dooh doh buuuut Rigo Also boxez"

Rigo needs to stay out of PPV, dont want fans to fall asleep and miss the main event
                    Out of 13 fights of a pro career. 13 wins 8 kos. Considering isn't half bad. Much like Pernell Whitaker with 6 decisions in his fight 13, or Sugar Ray Leonard who had the same number of Decisions in the first 13 of his pro fights and neither of those two won a world title in their first 13. Both of those two are considered ATG, yet you talk without seeing what the rest of the man's career turns too.

I'm not saying he is neither of those two but at least have some educational knowledge, if not do some reading. Rigo is at the beginning of his career and has a lot more fights to win. If he spices things up, I guarantee people start changing their minds real quick.

Comment

I'm not a Rigo fan per se, well not in the sense that I root for him in the ring -- but I'm a fan of how prolific he is. So yeah, I'm a fan of watching his talent on display. He is an absolutely phenomenal boxer. Elite in the truest sense of the word.

He's also a pretty cool dude, too. I was there at the Toyota Center in Houston for the Donaire/Arce fight, and I was eating/drinking in one of the stadium bars prior to the fight...and who walks in? Rigo. Sits down with his crew two tables from us. He ordered some nachos and literally ate like one chip in the hour that he was there, as people were steadily hitting him up at his table for autographs and photos. He patiently signed every autograph and took every picture that was asked of him. And did it with a smile on his face. That was cool to see.
                      Last edited by Mike D; 02-21-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X