Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the double standard: Mayweather and Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different styles even though i myself find rigondeaux more exciting floyd stays in the pocket more and makes it more entertaining for the fans where as rigondeaux boxes a perfect fight time after time. they say floyd is boring but thats only because he fights an almost perfect fight everytime and its always the same result. rigondeaux boxes a perfect fight every time, flawless victory so their gunna think he is more boring even though he scores knockdowns in most of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      How are they "completely" different?
      Mayweather's style gets boxing fans off their seats.

Rigo's style gets boxing fans off their seats... then out of arenas

Comment

Donaire had nothing to offer in making that more "fan-friendly", neither did Agbeko, a lot of this ain't even Rigondeaux's fault. If not for the politics involved we would see him in fights that the casuals can enjoy, Santa Cruz and Mares would go out guns blazing if a points lost looked certified.

Comment

Mayweather exposes every little hole. Rigo sees the holes, but does nothing about it.

Mayweather is a much more polished fighter than Rigo. Rigo fights like an amateur boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
            Mayweather's style gets boxing fans off their seats.

Rigo's style gets boxing fans off their seats... then out of arenas
            Funny thing is you will continue to talk about Rigo, Gamboa, Lara bf even mentioning BamBam Rios and other great Mexicans like...

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              Mayweather exposes every little hole. Rigo sees the holes, but does nothing about it.

Mayweather is a much more polished fighter than Rigo. Rigo fights like an amateur boxer.
              I don't know about the first sentence. Mayweather may see holes, but he exposes them only to the extent he needs to to win nice safe 10-9 rounds. He, like Rigo, doesn't take any chances that typically lead to fan friendly fights.

Comment

Rigondeaux is completely a wait and counter fighter. Even when he moves forward he has to wait for his opponent's punches before throwing his.

You can stick with such style as much as you want and it's fine if you have an aggressive opponent. Otherwise, you're going to see people exiting the doors in mass numbers. It's bad for business.

Mayweather, on the other hand, could bolt a punch in the middle of nowhere on his opponent without having to wait. In other words, his is not all defense.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                  I don't know about the first sentence. Mayweather may see holes, but he exposes them only to the extent he needs to to win nice safe 10-9 rounds. He, like Rigo, doesn't take any chances that typically lead to fan friendly fights.
                  This is an overstatement people make up. I like to use it myself but it isn't true. The coward doesn't have a killer instinct and that's where this statement comes from.

You don't really appreciate it until you start really seeing his more boring fights. I watch the coward's stuff alot.

Comment

there is none. it's in your imagination. rigo gets the same **** that floyd does sans the pac thing.

Comment

I don't pay to watch either fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X