No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer: Shawn Porter might fight Keith Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Really? He took some shots from Chaves and that monster shot that he took from Soto Karass was just that... monstrous. And I don't think he saw it coming either. I can't recall now. Anyway, that could've taken anyone down or out. Ask Berto.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    I just have a feeling about his chin. He seems to be rocked a little too easy for me. He also looked a little hurt around the midsection on occassion in the chaves fight in the early rounds.

Time will tell, but when he meets a guy like Maidana, we'll see what he's about.

Comment

Comment

I've not seen Porter for the moment, but Thurman has showed some worrying vulnerabilities against Chaves and Soto Karass. Both rocked him in the first rounds. He showed heart against adversity and proved he can adjust, but I'm not sure what will happen when his level of competition goes up.

Comment

I'm picking Porter because of the pressure he applies and because he's fought at a higher weight class and should be able to take Thurman's punch. Now if Thurman can adjust to the pressure, this fight could easily be the fight of the year. Either way it will be all out action for 12 rounds provided Porter can take the power shot.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Richard Schaefer announced on Ringside yesterday that Shawn Porter and Keith Thurman are looking to fight in the spring time, before the mandatory, Kell Brook, gets his shot at the title in June.

This is news to me, first of all. Has any of you guys heard about it?

And who wins?

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...ayweather-bout

One Time by highlight KO.

Comment

Great matchup, might not be a pretty fight though. Porter has beaten the better opposition but I think Thurman might just edge him on points.

Comment

I'm picking Porter he would smoother Thurman and frustrate him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Really? He took some shots from Chaves and that monster shot that he took from Soto Karass was just that... monstrous. And I don't think he saw it coming either. I can't recall now. Anyway, that could've taken anyone down or out. Ask Berto.

I just have a feeling about his chin. He seems to be rocked a little too easy for me. He also looked a little hurt around the midsection on occassion in the chaves fight in the early rounds.

Time will tell, but when he meets a guy like Maidana, we'll see what he's about.
                  Meh.

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Remember Rigo being KD'ed prior to the Donaire fight?

Comment

I have no idea who to pick

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Meh.

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Remember Rigo being KD'ed prior to the Donaire fight?

I guess only time well tell.

Yes I do remember, and if I remember correctly it was only his glove that touched canvas or something like that.He didn't look hurt, despite not fighting his fight at all.

Thurman looked rocked. and that's not good against that kind of competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X