Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer: Shawn Porter might fight Keith Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter is much better skillwise but Thurman can come from behind to KO Porter in the later rounds.

Comment

After careful consideration I picked Porter on TKO/KO ... just because I didn't want that option to feel lonely.

Comment

Its a tough match to predict, i think Porter can get the Decision because his style could give Thurman problems, but hey thurman can punch thats for sure.

Winner of this fight its gonna get to the next level in boxing, fighting big names and earning big big money so i am sure it will be a great fight both guys will be motivated.

Comment

I got Porter on points if this fight happens. Thurman has been using his legs pretty good his last couple fights but i don't think he can keep a pitbull like Porter off of him for 12 rounds.

Porter's a beast now that he hooked up with Victor Conte.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
            I got Porter on points if this fight happens. Thurman has been using his legs pretty good his last couple fights but i don't think he can keep a pitbull like Porter off of him for 12 rounds.

Porter's a beast now that he hooked up with Victor Conte.
            I don't like reading things like that, but yeah. Still, big shots from Thurman could slow him down. Thurman's punches don't tickle, it's not wise to come forward into them.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              I don't like reading things like that, but yeah. Still, big shots from Thurman could slow him down. Thurman's punches don't tickle, it's not wise to come forward into them.

That's what Porter does though, he just comes forward and mauls you. Doing anything else would be unwise cuz you can't just change your style overnight. He seems to have a good chin so it'll be interesting to see if it holds up against Thurman. I just think Porters going to be relentless all night and outwork Thurman to a UD.

and about the bolded.....I truly believe that 90% of fighters today are on some type of PED. That's why it doesn't surprise when fighters hook up with guys like Conte, Heredia, or Ariza and their punching power and stamina improves.
              Last edited by UTEP; 01-19-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

won't happen

porter isn't stupid enough to give a big puncher like Thurman a voluntary

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Stylistically I think this is a tough fight for Thurman. Can't call it.
                  Pretty much this. Porter is a problem for literally any WW on this planet. As is Thurman.

Only part that sucks is, one of them has to lose.

Comment

keith's best win was jesus soto karass.

didn't he lose to alfonso gomez?? lol, people are already acting like thurman has beaten pacquiao, mayweather, GGG, and wladimir klitschko all in one night blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back. thurman is good, but still unproven at this point!!

Comment

Working...
                    X