Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto: Martinez Fight is Closer Than it Was Before

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey JWheels , your actually resounding all my points from earlier about why stylistically this fight is a landslide victory for Martinez . Having said that , I'll say that although we've seen Cotto dropped , I don't think we've ever seen him stopped . I gotta give him at least that . Fight goes 12 ! I can only HOPE that the higher weight class isn't the straw that breaks the camels back . That is one heavy straw though .

Comment

Originally posted by ThePugalist View Post
      Cotto wasn't competitive at all against Trout and Trouts not very good . He did look good against the tomato can they through him in against last fight but the only problem is no one ever heard of that brand of tomato before .
      The tomato can he fought in his last fight went 12 rounds with Trout right before Cotto... he wasnt competitive against Trout? The fight was very competitive to everyone but the judges at ringside...

DAN RAFAEL -115-113
      AL BERNSTEIN 115-113
      PAULIE MALIGNAGGI 114-114
      Kevin Iole 115-113

Comment

Hey JWheels , your actually resounding all my points from earlier about why stylistically this fight is a landslide victory for Martinez . Having said that , I'll say that although we've seen Cotto dropped , I don't think we've ever seen him stopped . I gotta give him at least that . Fight goes 12 ! I can only HOPE that the higher weight class isn't the straw that breaks the camels back . That is one heavy straw though .
        I don't think Cotto even belongs at 154 never mind 160!!! He's not a big guy unless you consider just weighing that much. He's not overly muscular or tall and he doesn't have devastating power above 147 at all ...IMO of course...

Comment

unsophisticatede no mistake about it , although Martinez's chin is finally starting to destabilize after years of tough fights , he's still as rough and rugged as they come , still has solid legs that provide great movement , not flat footed , can punch on the move and still has one of the highest punch outputs , per round , as any fighter in or around his weight class . This spells ABSOLUTE disaster 4 the flat footed unsophisticated Cotto who's only chance is land one very big shot , of which he DOES NOT have the power to pull off . When u look @ the guys who've knocked Martinez down , most of them had double or triple the power of Cotto and Martinez still got back up to finish kicking their A--
          Cotto isnt "flat footed" or unsophisticated. He boxes on his toes quite a bit.
          Williams and Margarito both knocked him down... Cotto definitely has more power than they do. Cotto's foot speed is a huge reason why hes been so successful in his career. Its exactly why he will be able to get inside on Sergio who can be drawn into a fire fight ala P.Will. Williams isnt half the inside fighter Cotto is.

Comment

Ok JWheels , I concede , Cotto might just get KTFO !!!

Comment

Ok JWheels , I concede , Cotto might just get KTFO !!!
              He might but he'll fight his ass off that's for sure and that's why I love watching him!!!

Comment

As far as u go "Thatdudespits" , Going 12 rounds with Trout is NO barometer to measure anything or anyone considering my 13 year old son hits harder than him. Secondly don't ever mention The Hands of Stone aka MARGACHEATO on this blog , thirdly , have u called my Real estate hotline yet ?

Comment

Let me repost in case u forgot the #

If the networks have sold anyone on this fight being competitive , then I have some beach front property in Kansas to sell to those people . If your interested please call me @ (800) 555 5555

Comment

Originally posted by jwheels9876 View Post
                    I recall him getting dropped often at 140...He may have a good chin at 147 but at 160? I dont think so.Martinez has been fighting guys way stronger then Cotto for years now, i think he can beat Cotto handily IF he is remotely helathy.
                    You two know **** about boxing.
                    Cotto was dropped once at 140 by Torres
                    Twice at 147 by Manny
                    took two knees in PLASTERMANIA

Chin really shouldnt be questioned.

Comment

As far as u go "Thatdudespits" , Going 12 rounds with Trout is NO barometer to measure anything or anyone considering my 13 year old son hits harder than him. Secondly don't ever mention The Hands of Stone aka MARGACHEATO on this blog , thirdly , have u called my Real estate hotline yet ?
                      "I remember when I had my first beer"

Comment

Working...
                      X