Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto: Martinez Fight is Closer Than it Was Before

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the networks have sold anyone on this fight being competitive , then I have some beach front property in Kansas to sell to those people . If your interested please call me @ (800) 555 5555

Comment

Lets make no mistake about it , although Martinez's chin is finally starting to destabilize after years of tough fights , he's still as rough and rugged as they come , still has solid legs that provide great movement , not flat footed , can punch on the move and still has one of the highest punch outputs , per round , as any fighter in or around his weight class . This spells ABSOLUTE disaster 4 the flat footed unsophisticated Cotto who's only chance is land one very big shot , of which he DOES NOT have the power to pull off . When u look @ the guys who've knocked Martinez down , most of them had double or triple the power of Cotto and Martinez still got back up to finish kicking their A--

Comment

And that's the stylistic break down as to why Cotto won't even come close to winning this fight !

Comment

Cotto is only a name at this point in his career. This is a bad fight for him. I actually worry for his health but if he wants to get paid that bad then go fir it

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Cotto is only a name at this point in his career. This is a bad fight for him. I actually worry for his health but if he wants to get paid that bad then go fir it
            Fetta ur a analytical boxing genious !

Comment

Martinez had great movement before he hurt his knee. It didn't appear the same against Murray that it did during his rise.

Comment

How much i want to see this fight,how much. Stylistically can be a fight for the ages really,i see SERGIO little favorite but COTTO is COTTO so.......;if SERGIO will fall in the same mistakes he did in his last fight i believe COTTO will land big;i see twelve competitive rounds,no stoppage in there!!!
                Last edited by lutenco; 01-14-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Martinez had great movement before he hurt his knee. It didn't appear the same against Murray that it did during his rise.
                  Good point ! I can agree with the fact that Martinez has showed signs of slowing in almost all areas , but whatever he has left will still be way too much for Cotto who has also shown signs of serious attrition .

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
                    How much i want to see this fight,how much. Stylistically can be a fight for the ages really,i see SERGIO little favorite but COTTO is COTTO so.......;if SERGIO will fall in the same mistakes he did in his last fight i believe COTTO will land big;i see twelve competitive rounds,no stoppage in there!!!
                    I agree with it going 12 cause if Cotto has nothing else , he does have a Granite Chin .

Comment

Originally posted by ThePugalist View Post
                      I agree with it going 12 cause if Cotto has nothing else , he does have a Granite Chin .
                      I recall him getting dropped often at 140...He may have a good chin at 147 but at 160? I dont think so.Martinez has been fighting guys way stronger then Cotto for years now, i think he can beat Cotto handily IF he is remotely helathy.

Comment

Working...
                      X