No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto: Martinez Fight is Closer Than it Was Before

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Ain't it sad when a popular guy can make the champ bend over and take it up the a$$. Certain fighters like Cotto, Pacquiao, and Canelo, are so popular that they can dictate to the champs what they want because it is such an honor to fight them. The only reason I don't feel sorry for Martinez is because he's not looking to fight any of the top Middleweights, but he's looking for smaller opponents like Cotto and Mayweather. Therefore, BEND OVER AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!

Martinez at this point just wants money fights. It's the reason he went worked so hard to fight Chavez Jr. even though he wasn't the best fighter, and the reason he has wanted Cotto for so many years now, even though Cotto is past his better days.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePugalist View Post
      This fight is so transparent that if Cotto wins more than 1 round I will stop posting on this site !
      I looks like we won't be missing much.

Comment

So tired of washed up Cotto always being recycled and re-packaged to us as some sort of viable threat . It reminds me of that experiment they were testing out in Japan a while back where they were exploring ways to turn human feces back into edible food ... Martinez wins every round of this sparring session !!!
        Besides Pacquaio, has Cotto ever been dominated? Has he ever not been competitive? The man is a bad ass, he always comes to win. Martinez has never been in the ring with a fighter as good as Miguel Cotto. Pavlik, Chavez, Williams, Barker, Macklin, none of those guys bring the foot speed, hand speed, accuracy, ability to adapt, big fight experience that Cotto does. This fight will be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Martinez got the number he wants..i'm pretty sure the big issue will be ring size. Cotto's new fight style would indicate smaller ring and Martinez style of movement would indicate larger ring. As long as the money is squared away all should be good though. Can't wait for them to announce the fight so I can get some tickets.
          What do you think they will go for? I've never been to a big fight and I'm only 3 hours away, I was thinking of going to this fight.

Comment

Good to hear. Everybody wants to see this.

Comment

This fight is so transparent that if Cotto wins more than 1 round I will stop posting on this site !
              you obviously forgot your posting on an alt

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                Good to hear. Everybody wants to see this.
                its a great fight on paper i think ggg sergio and canelo cotto would been the best route but we never get exactly what we want i just want to see cotto get a big win before he retires

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  its a great fight on paper i think ggg sergio and canelo cotto would been the best route but we never get exactly what we want i just want to see cotto get a big win before he retires
                  I like the timing of it.

I think a few years ago, Martinez would have destroyed a confidence-shaken Cotto. It's different now, though. Sergio has slowed due to age and injury, and Cotto has had a couple of impressive fights since then (his good showing against Mayweather and the destruction of Delvin). They are both past their prime, but I think this fight is ripe right now.

Comment

Cotto by stoppage under 10rd.

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
                      Besides Pacquaio, has Cotto ever been dominated? Has he ever not been competitive? The man is a bad ass, he always comes to win. Martinez has never been in the ring with a fighter as good as Miguel Cotto. Pavlik, Chavez, Williams, Barker, Macklin, none of those guys bring the foot speed, hand speed, accuracy, ability to adapt, big fight experience that Cotto does. This fight will be competitive.
                      Cotto wasn't competitive at all against Trout and Trouts not very good . He did look good against the tomato can they through him in against last fight but the only problem is no one ever heard of that brand of tomato before .

Comment

Working...
                      X