No announcement yet.

Deontay 'Windmiller' Wilder can't take a punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valero View Post
    Good example... now if you watch the Tua vs. Ibeabuchi fight, it's hard to believe that's the same man as the one in your video. But fighters change as they train, spar, and develop themselves.

Another example is Sergey Kovalev who was knocked down in the amateurs and also knocked down by Boone as a pro, but that hasn't stopped him from becoming a champion and destroying the best in his division.
    You do know that David Tua probably never fought anyone as good as Felix Savon in the pros? Tua was caught cold in that fight anyway. Wilder is getting shaken up by over-the-hill fighters that were never any good.

Comment

Good example... now if you watch the Tua vs. Ibeabuchi fight, it's hard to believe that's the same man as the one in your video. But fighters change as they train, spar, and develop themselves.

Another example is Sergey Kovalev who was knocked down in the amateurs and also knocked down by Boone as a pro, but that hasn't stopped him from becoming a champion and destroying the best in his division.
      Dont be fooled my man that's Felix Savon dude that ain't no regular amateur Tua gets a pass from me on that one even with headgear lol
      Last edited by DannYankee; 01-11-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

You do know who Felix Savon is right? So do I.

You do know who Harold Sconiers is right?

Exactly.

Comment

Full credit to Savon of course! Tua was overmatched.

If Wilder is so vulnerable, bet against him in future fights. I'll put points on Wilder.

Comment

He doesn't have much amateur experience

Not sure how good he''ll be but with that reach and that right hand anything is possible it's not like there are any great heavyweights out there

Comment

Only a matter of time. I've seen all this prior. Wilder is one punch away from ruin.

Comment

I don't know man. David Tua got sparked in the amateurs and Bowe was stopped on his feet. Granted they were finished by greater fighters, but I say lets wait a little longer to see how Wilder's chin holds up soon. I'll admit I am hoping that he doesn't have this weakness, HW devision needs an American star.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Proof please?
                  I've seen it, though don't feel like digging up footage...it's legit tho but it wasn't really a "weak punch" just a normal Wilder punch. Dude can **** though his stiff legs are going to give him issues (I think it's more of that than chin). It makes for an exciting fighter tho....a glass cannon is always fun to watch because you know it's going one of two ways.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    I guess there most be a reason why him and Richard Towers bonded so well...

I know a glass chin when I see one - and he's got it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      I can't find the video now, all I can find are biased videos of the sparring. Just read below and listen to Haye say it himself. In the video I saw, Haye caught Deontay with a solid right (I believed the biased version of this footage is in the first post in this thread) and Deontay later had Haye on the ropes and tagged him with an overhand right and Haye nearly fell face first onthe canvas. I can understand why that has been removed or the footage altered at this point in time.

Haye wouldn't lie and say he was getting tagged as well and that the footage had been altered if hadn't been, so you guys made a valiant effort but it's not the whole truth of matter.

Replace the******** with b_o_x_i_n_g_n_e_w_s24.com (remove the underlines)

http://www.************.com/2013/09/...arring-action/
                      Is this the same Deontay Wilder who was sent home early from one of Wladimir Klitschko's training camps?

Comment

Working...
                      X