No announcement yet.

Deontay 'Windmiller' Wilder can't take a punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
    You do know who Felix Savon is right? So do I.

You do know who Harold Sconiers is right?

Exactly.
    This ^^^^^. Green K, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
      I've seen it, though don't feel like digging up footage...it's legit tho but it wasn't really a "weak punch" just a normal Wilder punch. Dude can **** though his stiff legs are going to give him issues (I think it's more of that than chin). It makes for an exciting fighter tho....a glass cannon is always fun to watch because you know it's going one of two ways.
      I feel you guys might be talking about the grazing shot Wilder landed on top of Haye's head in the video Haye sent out. He was nowhere near on his way down. If it's another video, I'd like to see it before I believe it.

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Is this the same Deontay Wilder who was sent home early from one of Wladimir Klitschko's training camps?
      And from one of Haye's camps.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Is this the same Deontay Wilder who was sent home early from one of Wladimir Klitschko's training camps?
        It's the same Deontay Wilder that Wladimir Klitschko said was a future star.

Comment

Wilder was rocked in his last fight by a plumber. But if he catches you first it's lights out

Comment

That is why GBP should have made the wilder-seth mitchell fight last year instead of mitchell-arreola

Wilder-mitchell battle of the chins

Comment

Wilder has lost to Osmay Acosta, Clemente Russo, Daniel Anthony Price and Krzysztof Zimnoch guys who aren't even that special lol...

I can't believe there is any hype around him at all :/...

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                He should fight Tony Thompson.
                Tony ends wilders career.

Comment

deontay is clearly a very protected fighter, its difficult to say he would beat fury because deontays opposition has been so poor.

If we look at some of the great fighters of recent years lets see who they have faced in their first thirty fights

Mayweather = Coralles (p4p no.3, #1 lightweight, undefeated), hernandez, castillo, augustus. and more

pac= saskul, singsurat and he won his flyweight title in like his 20th fight or something.

now for some average - good fighters

look at even Broner hes fought 28 fights but faced maidiana, malinaggi, rees, demarco and ponce de leon all better than anyone deontay has faced.

dereck chisora has 23 fights but has taken on vitali, haye, williams and fury.

deontays most recognisable win is against a shot Harrison. Deontay is impossible to judge as he has faced no-one. i think Fury will beat him through his experience. hell id even say a motivated dereck chisora beats him.

he is only this hyped up because hes american, his resume is extremely padded and tells us nothing.

Comment

i dont think Wilder can take a punch, ive seen his legs stiffen from a jab in his last fight, that isnt a good sign

he's been heavily protected, soon as he steps in the ring with someone who can take his power, he's in for a lot of trouble, on the plus side, he has a huge size advantage and power, and he goes all out in the fast few rounds, so he has a chance of knocking anyone out, but soon as he gets clipped on his jaw it will be lights out

he's lucky the competition isnt as good as it use to be

Comment

HWs above 6'5 just make me laugh though, really. Vitali is the one exception I can think of that can take a punch. Other than that...

Comment

Working...
                      X