No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mendez Hires Pat English, Appeals Barthelemy KO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87
    Now that people finally figuring out that they can't beat Cubans now they try cort rooms and politics and black balling hey you only making them and their legend stronger
    Horita llaman a la migra bro. De pinga, cojone!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
      Hey RussianCrushing

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/fighting-...#ixzz2pdTGw7Lk
      This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Fighters are supposed to stop punching at the bell, but the heat of the moment is why we so often hear referees advising the boxers to listen for the bell, and why we so often see referees jumping in at the bell to prevent any further punching.

“It is good practice to take advantage of the 10-second announcement towards the end of the round by getting in good position so that you will be centered to the boxers at the actual end of the round,” advises the Association of Boxing Commissions in its rules and guidelines for referees. “Get in a centered position, call out ‘Time!’ and concurrently announce the end of the round with a hand signal.”

Russian thinks they shouldn't do this ..

Originally Posted by Russian Chrushin
      Whats the question, should the ref stand back? Yea pretty much. And if the fighters foul, you penalize. Its the fighters responsibility to control their fists, otherwise they should punch after the bell until the ref jumps in right

Your quote above says the exact opposite of the article .. They don't say u should stand back and wait for a foul.. Your wrong ..

U also questioned me about be in the heat of the moment and not hearing the bell and they touch on that too... Shut up..
      Again you have nothing that says they HAVE to. You're simply grasping straws. They advices them to do those things. If you cannot understand this concept then stop replying to me. You cannot punch after the bell, stop blaming the ref already, he didnt punch mendez

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin
        Quote:

Originally Posted by Respect Power

Hey RussianCrushing

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/fighting-...#ixzz2pdTGw7Lk
        This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Fighters are supposed to stop punching at the bell, but the heat of the moment is why we so often hear referees advising the boxers to listen for the bell, and why we so often see referees jumping in at the bell to prevent any further punching.

“It is good practice to take advantage of the 10-second announcement towards the end of the round by getting in good position so that you will be centered to the boxers at the actual end of the round,†advises the Association of Boxing Commissions in its rules and guidelines for referees. “Get in a centered position, call out ‘Time!’ and concurrently announce the end of the round with a hand signal.â€

Russian thinks they shouldn't do this ..

Originally Posted by Russian Chrushin
        Whats the question, should the ref stand back? Yea pretty much. And if the fighters foul, you penalize. Its the fighters responsibility to control their fists, otherwise they should punch after the bell until the ref jumps in right

Your quote above says the exact opposite of the article .. They don't say u should stand back and wait for a foul.. Your wrong ..

U also questioned me about be in the heat of the moment and not hearing the bell and they touch on that too... Shut up..

Again you have nothing that says they HAVE to. You're simply grasping straws. They advices them to do those things. If you cannot understand this concept then stop replying to me. You cannot punch after the bell, stop blaming the ref already, he didnt punch mendez
        So in your eyes the ref had no responsibility for what happened? Lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          So you admit he won on a foul and you are not outraged? Ok unintentional foul, its should be a no contest. Everything else you're saying is bending and going beyond the rules. Not sure what Mendez having his hands up makes it more ok, he still got hit after the bell

Ok so you think there was a foul, rules were violated, why do you argue as tho barth will be the victim if its a NC. Im not a fan of either fighters but nobody should be robbed the way Mendez was You should want there to be a NC, because if Barth was in mendez place, lets be honest, you would have a very different attitude towards the situation
          Rush, you continue to ask me questions I've already answered. I don't mind debating this topic with you, but you insist on going around in circles. It seems you just want an admission of bias, as if you're immune and want to prove everyone else isn't. Or maybe you just like to argue. I dunno.

I might feel differently if the shoe were in the other foot; but it's not. I can't honestly say how I would feel if it were. As for Mendez having his hands up: No, from a technical perspective, it means nothing; but from a moral perspective, I feel pretty good about it. It's a fight; he got cracked. Oh, well. If it had happened a moment before the results would've been exactly the same...sans the controversy.

Comment

The ref didnt punch Mendez after the bell. What do you think should have been the right call regardless of what the ref did or what the commission might do? You said the ref fcuked up, so clearly you think the wrong call has been made, so why are you so nonchalant about them giving the fair decision?
            russian you are against anything that smell Cuban I don't know why but you clearly do, Mendez was out and will be ko again if they ever rematch, he was overmatched and hurt from the get go and that is why he looked so lost that night, it doesn't matter if they rule a nc he knows what happened and probably will stay away from Barthelemy, he is not faster or stronger and not even a better boxer, I think he is a good fighter and his career should not end here, it was unfortunately what took place but it was not intentional and I remember tua winning a fight against raham with a punch clearly after the bell on a Hassim wasn't not even prepared to take it, the sad part was that he was winning the fight hands down and he got koed right in the next and final round...

Comment

I DIDNT SAY THEY HAD TOO . U said they shouldn't , the rules said they should.... Is this how u got all those posts?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                So in your eyes the ref had no responsibility for what happened? Lol....

His responsibility lies in calling that a KO rather then a DQ or NC. But not for the punches that landed, no.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                  russian you are against anything that smell Cuban I don't know why but you clearly do, Mendez was out and will be ko again if they ever rematch, he was overmatched and hurt from the get go and that is why he looked so lost that night, it doesn't matter if they rule a nc he knows what happened and probably will stay away from Barthelemy, he is not faster or stronger and not even a better boxer, I think he is a good fighter and his career should not end here, it was unfortunately what took place but it was not intentional and I remember tua winning a fight against raham with a punch clearly after the bell on a Hassim wasn't not even prepared to take it, the sad part was that he was winning the fight hands down and he got koed right in the next and final round...
                  The cuban nationalism on this site is probably the worst of any, i mean i havent seen 1 cuban poster outraged at a guy getting KOd after the bell just because the guy from their country won.

I dont care about mendez, he was on his way to get KO. But he was cheated and that i do not support, no matter what country youre from

Comment

Quote: Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. So in your eyes the ref had no responsibility for what happened? Lol.... Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android His responsibility lies in calling that a KO rather then a DQ or NC. But not for the punches that landed, no.
                    Lol did the ref even warn about 10 seconds being left? He's not at fault for being out of position to step in?

Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 01-06-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendOver

The cuban nationalism on this site is probably the worst of any, i mean i havent seen 1 cuban poster outraged at a guy getting KOd after the bell just because the guy from their country won.

I dont care about mendez, he was on his way to get KO. But he was cheated and that i do not support, no matter what country youre from
                      Man, there you go with that nationalism **** again. Who the **** is actually outraged over this **** besides you and ElMeroChingon (cause he's just trolling)? I mean, not even the fkin Dominicans are crying about this ****.

Barthelemy didn't cheat intentionally. So WTF is there to be outraged about? Your b*tchass is making this out to be more than it actually is.

Comment

Working...
                      X