Comments Thread For: Mendez Hires Pat English, Appeals Barthelemy KO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
    Result will stand, rematch will just be ordered
    That's been my feeling all along. The referee fucked up, but he made the call. If they had a replay rule in effect, it would've been a different story. I have the sense that they'll uphold the decision the ref made at the time of the fight.

I think it was the poster Tomasio that cited a Marlon Starling fight from years ago where something similar occurred. He said the result was changed to a no-decision. That doesn't guarantee that's what'll happen here, but there is a precedent. I just want to know one way or the other ASAP. I'm sure the fighters do, too.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      That's been my feeling all along. The referee fucked up, but he made the call. If they had a replay rule in effect, it would've been a different story. I have the sense that they'll uphold the decision the ref made at the time of the fight.

I think it was the poster Tomasio that cited a Marlon Starling fight from years ago where something similar occurred. He said the result was changed to a no-decision. That doesn't guarantee that's what'll happen here, but there is a precedent. I just want to know one way or the other ASAP. I'm sure the fighters do, too.
      The ref didnt punch Mendez after the bell. What do you think should have been the right call regardless of what the ref did or what the commission might do? You said the ref fcuked up, so clearly you think the wrong call has been made, so why are you so nonchalant about them giving the fair decision?

Comment

If they turn this into a NC and Mendez doesn't rematch then **** him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

This one is tough decision for the commission and the IBF. The ref was totally inept and holds a lot of blame for this. Had he been in position to stop when the bell rung....who knows. We will never know. Now because the ref was incompetent at his job, both fighters may pay the price for it. I am always pro fighter. I think they will rule for a rematch but I think the ending will be the same with Mendez losing. The only ones who win are the lawyers right now.

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Russian Crushin
            The ref the does not have to jump in between fighters the moment the bell rings.

Why would he hear it and the fighters wouldnt anyway? I cant believe people are actually making scenarios where its ok to punch after the bell, which is never

Quote:
            No he isnt suppose to "break them", nothing in the rules says that.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Respect Power
            You keep saying it's not they're job ... If it's not they're job to break up the action , then why does every ref do it instead of standing way back and waiting for a foul ,so they can take a point. Isn't that they're job then , to stand back and wait for a foul ? Please answer that.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Russian Chrushin
            Whats the question, should the ref stand back? Yea pretty much. And if the fighters foul, you penalize. Its the fighters responsibility to control their fists, otherwise they should punch after the bell until the ref jumps in right

THATS not what the article said ....
            It's said its good practice to do what I said and what u said is that they souldnt do it and now u want to twist it like u didn't mean it ok ,fine. I can't take u seriously now!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              The ref didnt punch Mendez after the bell. What do you think should have been the right call regardless of what the ref did or what the commission might do? You said the ref fcuked up, so clearly you think the wrong call has been made, so why are you so nonchalant about them giving the fair decision?
              Everyone, including myself, has acknowledged that Bart fouled by hitting after the bell. The reason why I'm so "nonchalant", as you put it, is for several reasons. One: I believe the foul was unintentional. Two: Continuing to fight after the bell happens all the time. It just so happens that on this occasion, a KO resulted. And, most importantly, three: Mendez was defending himself at the time of the foul. If Argenis had dropped his hands upon hearing the bell, and Bart KOed him, I would feel differently about the incident.

In the end, the rules of the game were violated. By all rights, this fight should be declared a no-contest; but for the above reasons, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Comment

Now that people finally figuring out that they can't beat Cubans now they try cort rooms and politics and black balling hey you only making them and their legend stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
                  Quote:
                  The ref the does not have to jump in between fighters the moment the bell rings.

Why would he hear it and the fighters wouldnt anyway? I cant believe people are actually making scenarios where its ok to punch after the bell, which is never

Quote:
                  No he isnt suppose to "break them", nothing in the rules says that.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Respect Power
                  You keep saying it's not they're job ... If it's not they're job to break up the action , then why does every ref do it instead of standing way back and waiting for a foul ,so they can take a point. Isn't that they're job then , to stand back and wait for a foul ? Please answer that.

Quote:
                  Whats the question, should the ref stand back? Yea pretty much. And if the fighters foul, you penalize. Its the fighters responsibility to control their fists, otherwise they should punch after the bell until the ref jumps in right

THATS not what the article said ....
                  It's said its good practice to do what I said and what u said is that they souldnt do it and now u want to twist it like u didn't mean it ok ,fine. I can't take u seriously now!
                  Read your own article, its says advices, it's good practice and they should do it. These are all recommendations, none of it says they have to it. Yet the rules say you cannot punch after the bell. Stop trying to blame the ref already, he didnt punch the guy after the bell.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Everyone, including myself, has acknowledged that Bart fouled by hitting after the bell.
                    So you admit he won on a foul and you are not outraged?
                    The reason why I'm so "nonchalant", as you put it, is for several reasons. One: I believe the foul was unintentional. Two: Continuing to fight after the bell happens all the time. It just so happens that on this occasion, a KO resulted. And, most importantly, three: Mendez was defending himself at the time of the foul. If Argenis had dropped his hands upon hearing the bell, and Bart KOed him, I would feel differently about the incident.
                    Ok unintentional foul, its should be a no contest. Everything else you're saying is bending and going beyond the rules. Not sure what Mendez having his hands up makes it more ok, he still got hit after the bell
                    In the end, the rules of the game were violated. By all rights, this fight should be declared a no-contest; but for the above reasons, I'm not losing any sleep over it.
                    Ok so you think there was a foul, rules were violated, why do you argue as tho barth will be the victim if its a NC. Im not a fan of either fighters but nobody should be robbed the way Mendez was You should want there to be a NC, because if Barth was in mendez place, lets be honest, you would have a very different attitude towards the situation

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Read your own article, its says advices, it's good practice and they should do it. These are all recommendations, none of it says they have to it. Yet the rules say you cannot punch after the bell. Stop trying to blame the ref already, he didnt punch the guy after the bell.
                      Hey RussianCrushing

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/fighting-...#ixzz2pdTGw7Lk
                      This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Fighters are supposed to stop punching at the bell, but the heat of the moment is why we so often hear referees advising the boxers to listen for the bell, and why we so often see referees jumping in at the bell to prevent any further punching.

“It is good practice to take advantage of the 10-second announcement towards the end of the round by getting in good position so that you will be centered to the boxers at the actual end of the round,” advises the Association of Boxing Commissions in its rules and guidelines for referees. “Get in a centered position, call out ‘Time!’ and concurrently announce the end of the round with a hand signal.”

Russian thinks they shouldn't do this ..

Your quote above says the exact opposite of the article .. They don't say u should stand back and wait for a foul.. Your wrong ..

U also questioned me about be in the heat of the moment and not hearing the bell and they touch on that too... Shut up..

Comment

Working...
                      X