No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mendez Hires Pat English, Appeals Barthelemy KO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
    I never like to get personal when replying to people but you are the only joke if there is one. Any fighter who spends weeks in training away from family and working hard as hell deserves respect. This is not about me defending Argenis because I'm a fan but it's sickening when morons come on here to bash these fighters that put their lives on the line to give us an hr of entertainment. So, you are calling him a joke because he is not your paisano, is that it? Oh, wait you came in here and created an account just to let your opinion be known and call him a joke. I get it now but I would bet money that if things would have happened the other way around you would be the first one calling Mendez a cheater. Be a fan of the sport first and a defender of your country man second and then maybe you'll have some credibility around here. Don't be a jackass!
    Don't mind him man, not everyone will be an objetive as you and others, as a matter of fact there's more nationalist here than the nazi party...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
      and the legend grows, now he land 5 punches not one or two, smh...
      Go ahead and watch it. There are clearly at least 4 punches thrown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmKhLTcgmow

Also, on the original broadcast, there is a more in depth analysis where they play the audio in slow motion. Yes, there is at least 4 punches thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
        I was there live. Mendez is very close to my gym. Although I think Barthelemy would dominate again in a rematch, it is still unfair for a fighter to throw 5 punches after the bell and land knockout shot to earn a win.
        Lol 5 punches after the bell? Quit with the exageration. It was 2. Blame the ref for the controversy since he didn't step in as soon as the bell rung. Barthelemy was dominating the fight and problably would've gotten the KO in the following round. I predict the decision will stand and Mendez will get a rematch and get battered again.

Comment

Who cares how many punches were thrown? He was clearly KO'd after the bell

Comment

I was there live. Mendez is very close to my gym. Although I think Barthelemy would dominate again in a rematch, it is still unfair for a fighter to throw 5 punches after the bell and land knockout shot to earn a win.
            and the legend grows, now he land 5 punches not one or two, smh...
            Go ahead and watch it. There are clearly at least 4 punches thrown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmKhLTcgmow

Also, on the original broadcast, there is a more in depth analysis where they play the audio in slow motion. Yes, there is at least 4 punches thrown.
            I've watched the replay many times. Barthelemy threw a five punch combination. The second punch landed as the first bell rang, then Rances fired off three more punches. The last one landed as the second bell sounded. It was almost as if they were sound effects.

Comment

Hey RussianCrushing

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/fighting-...#ixzz2pdTGw7Lk
              This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Fighters are supposed to stop punching at the bell, but the heat of the moment is why we so often hear referees advising the boxers to listen for the bell, and why we so often see referees jumping in at the bell to prevent any further punching.

“It is good practice to take advantage of the 10-second announcement towards the end of the round by getting in good position so that you will be centered to the boxers at the actual end of the round,” advises the Association of Boxing Commissions in its rules and guidelines for referees. “Get in a centered position, call out ‘Time!’ and concurrently announce the end of the round with a hand signal.”

Russian thinks they shouldn't do this ..

Comment

Don't mind him man, not everyone will be an objetive as you and others, as a matter of fact there's more nationalist here than the nazi party...
                Lol! Yeah, I hear you man....you're probably right. I shouldn't waste my time.

Comment

Result will stand, rematch will just be ordered

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                    I never like to get personal when replying to people but you are the only joke if there is one. Any fighter who spends weeks in training away from family and working hard as hell deserves respect. This is not about me defending Argenis because I'm a fan but it's sickening when morons come on here to bash these fighters that put their lives on the line to give us an hr of entertainment. So, you are calling him a joke because he is not your paisano, is that it? Oh, wait you came in here and created an account just to let your opinion be known and call him a joke. I get it now but I would bet money that if things would have happened the other way around you would be the first one calling Mendez a cheater. Be a fan of the sport first and a defender of your country man second and then maybe you'll have some credibility around here. Don't be a jackass!
                    Ha ha ha . Mendez is a joke . I said it and I'll say it again . Es un puntico .ha ha ha .

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
                      Hey RussianCrushing

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/fighting-...#ixzz2pdTGw7Lk
                      This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Fighters are supposed to stop punching at the bell, but the heat of the moment is why we so often hear referees advising the boxers to listen for the bell, and why we so often see referees jumping in at the bell to prevent any further punching.

“It is good practice to take advantage of the 10-second announcement towards the end of the round by getting in good position so that you will be centered to the boxers at the actual end of the round,” advises the Association of Boxing Commissions in its rules and guidelines for referees. “Get in a centered position, call out ‘Time!’ and concurrently announce the end of the round with a hand signal.”

Russian thinks they shouldn't do this ..
                      Never said they shouldnt, i said they dont have to, and neither does that article

Meanwhile read the bold

Comment

Working...
                      X