Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Cotto May Not Even Last Five Rounds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Martinez has NOTHING to be pissed off about. I am not about to go digging for the article/s but he has been calling Cotto out for YEARS. At one point he said he would fight him at 155 for the belt and would only take 20% of the purse. If Cotto is holding him at his word then Sergio needs to be pissed off at himself for running his mouth.

Not to mention all this **** Sergio seems to be pissed off about are things that all happened in private. Sergio is out here talking about things NO ONE even knows about... Hands down it's great for the hype of the fight for sure, Sergio is doing his part to sell it. But, it is also quite obnoxious and makes Sergio sound like a whiny b*tch.
    You bring up some good points but if cotto didn't except those terms at the time " years ago" it's really irrelevant now. Times were different then and maybe Sergio could make 155 then but not now. It's a new day new terms .

Comment

Originally posted by OffDaChainChico View Post
      If this is the case, I'll lose some respect for Cotto. He was the main one complaining about how Manny's championship at 147 was illegitimate because it was a catchweight fight. He better not be a hypocrite.
      Cotto has not once complained or said pac's belt was illegitimate. Don't make things up. It was Mayweather who said that. And Cotto was angry about the WBC telling him he would be stripped if he didn't fight PAC, and PAC wouldn't fight over 145. The WBC and Arum stuck it to him on that one. They said they would strip and then PAC would fight some one else for the vacant belt. Don't make things up.

Comment

He's not the champion yet you will give him anything he asks. Nature of boxing Sergio. Cotto is a bigger star then you are so he picks and chooses what goes. Same way he got the fight to be in NY. And please stop saying you're stopping him in 5 rounds. You've never stopped anyone in 5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          I have no hesitation in believing what Martinez says. He more or less promised to make a bloody mess of Chavez Jr.'s face, and he sure as hell did. After what Cotto went through with Margarito and Pacquiao, his face might just explode into a lake of blood all over the ring after ***y Serge is done with him!
          I agree. We're talking about a Martinez who had 4 straight KO wins at Middleweight verses a Cotto who has struggled at 154. All this talking by Martinez gives me the impression that he's confident that he will be well enough health-wise and he'll be able to batter Cotto like he should.

Comment

Originally posted by RR_1988 View Post
            With sergios bad balance this could be good. Idk why people are talking about martinez jab. Cotto got the best jab in the game incase you forgot
            You are nuts Martinez has a better jab when he puts it to work. I think it was dzinziruk fight that proves how effective Martinez jab really is

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              What the hell is Cotto asking for that Martinez is taking so personally?
              Cotto disrespected him a few years ago in some way. I can't remember how. Martinez has been talking trash about Cotto ever since.

Comment

cotto probably wants to come out second and introduced second like he did vs. trout. I can understand why Sergio feels disrespected.

Comment

I've talked up Cotto's chances in this fight, but if Martinez is at all capable, he will come into this fight as good as he can be.

Comment

Sergio already said he would take less money and come down in weight to fight Cotto. So If hes b!tchen about those demands then Sergio is the real j@ck ass. However the demands are going to favor the A side boxer. When Cotto first fought PAC Cotto was the A side, when Cotto fought Mayweather, Mayweather was the A side. Since Cotto won his first belt there has been no fight other then Mayweather, that Cotto wasn't the A side. He is arguably the 3rd largest draw in boxing, made $3 mil for his last fight and was the highest rated network boxing event of the year, against a nobody. Sergio's first time on ppv was against Chavez, in which many consider him a much more popular fighter then Sergio. These type of negotiations have been going on for years, we don't hear about 'em because if you want to fight the big names, you gotta deal with the big names. The fact that Sergio is acting like a lil b!tch, proves that he has never been in this type of event, nor the level of opponent. This fight might be to big for Sergio, this is an advantage for Cotto. If Sergio is overwhelmed by the stage, we could very well see Cotto with a big win. When have you ever heard of anyone having issues negotiating with Cotto?

Comment

Sergio is pissed that Ward would whoop his ass and that GGG has been calling him out but he refuses to be a 'stepping' stone.

Comment

Working...
                      X