No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pascal: Kovalev Untested, Not 'The Guy' To Beat Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    What is it with these new posters dissing proven fighters?

Pascal knows what he is talking about considering he fought Froch, Dawson, Diaconu 2x, Hopkins 2x and is about to fight Bute. He is the same age as Kovalev and a lot younger than Stevenson and has a better resume than both but does not get the hype.
    Nothing strange about that. His last good win was over 3 years ago. The other 2 have a lot of momentum

Comment

Pascal knows what he is talking about considering he fought Froch, Dawson, Diaconu 2x, Hopkins 2x and is about to fight Bute. He is the same age as Kovalev and a lot younger than Stevenson and has a better resume than both but does not get the hype.
      Kovalev would KO all mentioned here: Froch, Dawson, (not Diaconu because he's retired), B-Hop, and Bute... And Stevenson... Kovalev would KO Pascal as well...

(None of the above called Kovalev -- yet...)

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
        cuz he's gonna test Stevenson after defeat Bute
        Because Stevenson in talks with Fonfara. They also said Bute/Pascal winner not necessarily next

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Kovalev would KO all mentioned here: Froch, Dawson, (not Diaconu because he's retired), B-Hop, and Bute... And Stevenson... Kovalev would KO Pascal as well...

I'm not sure he KOs Stevenson, B-Hop or Pascal tbh. Adonis could potentially KO Sergey, B-Hop is very awkward and Pascal is very resilient.

Comment

Sure he would bud.

And LOL none of the above called out Kov.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ce-kovalev-but

Hopkins was pushing for this fight. HBO refused both Hopkins-Stevenson and Hopkins-Kovalev.

“[Kovalev] is a good puncher and some people are excited about him,” Hopkins said. “He’s a better quality name than Karo Murat is.”

“If we can’t get that fight [Stevenson], Kovalev is my mandatory. My promoter, Richard Schaefer, and Kathy Duva [of Main Events] can start negotiating.”
            Stop with the Matthysse treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Nothing strange about that. His last good win was over 3 years ago. The other 2 have a lot of momentum
              Last good win was 3 years ago. Still has better resume than Kovalev and Stevenson.

Comment

You actually saying you don't think Kovalev 'deserves' Stevenson - or even Pascal himself then? Perhaps they should just leave him on the shelf until he fights - umm who exactly?

BHop and Shumenov are now effectively off the cards. Dawson, Perhaps? Cloud - who had the crap boxed outta him by Campillo.

Campillo - incidentally - was an ex-champ who Kovalev simply destroyed. FWIW Campillo was also robbed against Shumenov another champ for his belt.

If Kovalev fights Fonfara or Eleidar Alvarez - would that prove him more?

It's worth remembering that Pascal got his first world title shot at about the same point in his career as Kovalev, though without any opponent of the quality of a Campillo or even a White behind him. He lost - to Froch

His only significant win (although Diaconu wasn't terrible -perhaps White level) was Dawson - at a time when Dawson looked a lot better than he now appears.

If Stevenson doesn't fight Kovalev on his next outting I think Pascal would be the ideal opponent for Sergei, but it looks to me more like GYM and Pascal want the Stevenson fight more.

Comment

most people don't know **** about... (c)

Kovalev is still a can crusher

It's funny how people react on the guys that smashing ultimate bums and this **** off HBO calling Gatti's list

No matter what i'll always respect Gatti being a great warrior... but jesus christ.. go watch Gatti-Floyd's bout before u people talking about "KO POWER"

maybe first let's see Kovalev fighting some decent opposition?

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Because Stevenson in talks with Fonfara. They also said Bute/Pascal winner not necessarily next
                  no way Fonfara is going to be next Stevenson's opponent

my bet is 95% winner off Bute/Pascal 5% someone else (maybe yet Fonfara)

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                    most people don't know **** about... (c)

Kovalev is still a can crusher
                    That's what I like about casual fans from the Americas: if they don't understand a boxing style they label it as "shit"...

If Kovalev was a "can crusher" the supposed "big guys" at 175 would have rushed to finish him off... But but but (surprise!) they don't...

I'm beginning to hear the same tune they sing about Golovkin -- he's not tested, he didn't prove himself yet, a.s.o.

Same patheticalities...

Comment

Sure he would bud.

And LOL none of the above called out Kov.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ce-kovalev-but

Hopkins was pushing for this fight. HBO refused both Hopkins-Stevenson and Hopkins-Kovalev.

Stop with the Matthysse treatment.
                      Kovalev wasn't tied to HBO when Hopkins was a possibility, but remember Espinoza said Showtime had no interest in that bout, they wanted Murat.

Besides, it doesn't look like he was pushing so hard. From your link:

So while Hopkins waits to see what will happen, he made a suggestion -- that Kovalev go fight Cleverly, and he would be happy to face new champ Adonis Stevenson, who drilled Chad Dawson in the first round June 8 to win the lineal title Hopkins used to hold (as well as an alphabet belt Hopkins used to own before losing to Dawson). Stevenson said he was interested in fighting Hopkins after beating Dawson.

“For me, it’s a no-brainer,” the 48-year-old Hopkins said. “Kovalev can go get Cleverly, I can probably get Adonis and we go head-to-head and give the fans the old light heavyweight battles they had in the late '70 and '80s, and then the winners can fight. It doesn’t seem complicated. OK, maybe I’m being a little sarcastic.”

Comment

Working...
                      X