No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto: "Sergio Martinez Fights C and D Class Fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post

Is an old video but there you see sergio begging Cotto for a fight and then the one doing the interview asks Cotto why is someone like Sergio begging for a fight and Cotto says that Martinez needs to ask his team why they are putting him against D, C and B class fighters and not elite.
    Precisely Cotto, that's why he is fighting you next brah.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      I been saying the same thing. Not to insult Segio but his resume is not great at all. He only got hyped up by the guys who either weren't fans Floyd or Pac and found someone else to root for.

Cotto speaks the truth, and Sergio has some clumsy footwork. he I felt lost his last fight or at least had draw yet they gave him the victory.

Cotto should beat Sergio pretty impressively. If you back up Cotto will feast on you, the thing Cotto hates is PRESSURE, in all the fights he struggled is when guys withstood his onslaught, Cotto will test you out first if he can bully y ou he will do it through the whole fight, if you after a few rounds can match him or push him back and take his punch he will get on his bicycle.

Cotto will be the one to push Sergio, Sergio will not be able to move all night. and Cotto is a hellacious body puncher, his stamina will just get better at the catchweight because he won't put on weight he might even come in on fight night at 157, Cotto will be fresh here.
      Valid points and an overall good post but Cotto had not pop at 154 what makes u think he will have pop at 160?! I give Cotto props for his death wish but come on even the crappy looking Martinez beats the brakes off of Cotto. Cotto has gotten waxed in all his biggest fights. This one will be no different. Sexy Sergio by brutal pwill esque KO within 7 rds

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Same a Canelo. Ortiz. Guerrero. Oh the list goes on Floyds resume!
        Is English your first language? Because if it is this would explain a lot.

Comment

Cotto knows what's up. This fraud has been getting so much praise, I never had him in my top 5 P4P. Williams was seriously overrated even though he had a poor resume, barely managed to rob ERISLANDY LARA and struggled with the Jap. Pavlik was sick, Cintron sucked, the euro bums and pothead wouldn't have troubled Golovkin the slightest. He's been called out by Golovkin and Quillin for 2 years, but he's more interested in calling out Cotto who never fought at 160.

Comment

Jmm and cotto both are such pompous *******s.

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              People have assumed all these fighters are better than they are because they gave Martinez a fight. Barker and Murray were supposed to be easy night cherry picks. Not saying they're bad, but C+ class sounds about right.

It didn't make Martinez look very good when Golovkin blasted Macklin out in 3.
              Conveniently left out how both Barker and Murray were undefeated and Murray and Macklin were both robbed against Sturm in Germany too. Rodriguez, Margarito with a blind eye, Foreman with a cast on his leg and Mayorga were all A+ fighters though right?

Comment

Sergio will end this crybaby's career and it's gonna burn to get ended by a bum I'd imagine.

Comment

cotto just spit the truth....other than pwill n pavlik, who's really top tier on his resume?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                    cotto just spit the truth....other than pwill n pavlik, who's really top tier on his resume?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    But p will and Pavlik are head and shoulders above anyone Cotto has ever beaten....... Cotto's best win is what... An older shane? And not like he dominated that fight seeing as some saw that a draw/loss.

Pavlik was THE dude at 160. Sure, he lost to b Hop but its f uckin B Hop! Dudes a legend and it was not at 160. Pavlik beat on marg pre wrap discovery. P will beat the marg version of what the trolls call "Cotto's papi". I love both these dudes but Martinez has p4p shown to be the better fighter. Fighting better fighters in Pac/Floyd is one thing, beating them is another. Floyd and by that extension Pac could have fought for Sergio's title Vs Sergio but nobody wanted it when he had it. Lol

I'll be rooting for neither as Im a huge fan and respect them a great deal but Martinez at 80... Maybe even 75% should crush Cotto. Serg just has more heart/determination, speed, power, and from the southpaw stance. Too ferocious when he needs to be.

Comment

This thread is funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X