Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sergio a coward for not fighting GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sergio had a great career and he has a limited window of opportunity to cash out... he EARNED a nice payday with cotto...

i dont think sergio is afraid of GGG, but im sure he knows its not worth it. GGG is a beast and will test whatever sergio has left...

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      What HBO did with GBP was the equivalent of a child taking his ball and going home because the other kids on the playground won't play the game by his rules. What usually happens in that case is the child will see the other children playing without him and having fun while he is sulking. He will eventually rejoin the other kids and play according to the group rules.

HBO has had a bunch of mediocre fight cards this year and will eventually come to their senses and realized they need to work with GBP if they want to improve the quality of their shows. If they can get a fight between Alvarez and Martinez or Alvarez and Cotto, I guarantee HBO would change their mind about working with GBP. HBO's ratings have been higher, but they have 30 percent more viewers than Showtime, so their ratings should be 30 percent higher than Showtime, but they are not.
      Pacquaio barely drew 400,000 buys in his last fight, but you think a fight with two guys who are only known by the hardcore fans would draw 500,000 ppvs? No way! and there is no way would HBO put Martinez/GGG on PPV.

As for Chavez, I really don't give a damn about him, but he a lot more money than GGG and is still a bigger draw, in spite of his last fight.
      that is not the same situation at all,. THats manny, who just got knocked out, was put on an awful card for a comeback fight, fought it china and still managed 400k buys. It wasn't even for a championship. that should be an expected number for a comeback. Guys like Hatton, alvarez, cotto after they lose dont get put in big time main events because they lost, they get put on hbo or showtime for free, show the world they still got it, and then put big numbers. just shows you how big of a draw pacman is

Golovkin however is coming from a huge viewership fight, almost as much as cotto does.golovkin is getting huge exposure, espn talks about, bleacherreport talks about him, and he gets big ratings and big ticket sales. and, he hasn't lost. He is a draw, plain and simple, and a fight with sergio will do very very well. The whole drawing argument is now lost ever sense the stevens fight happened

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        HBO has had a bunch of mediocre fight cards this year and will eventually come to their senses and realized they need to work with GBP if they want to improve the quality of their shows.
        When the split happened I was hoping that HBO would begin to focus more on putting on the best fights regardless of promoter. They would have had the money and subscriber base to encourage the big, cross promotional matchups to finally happen.

So it was disappointing to see them shut out GBP completely. But I can understand that they were butthurt over losing Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
          hes not going to get him though if he doesn't face golovkin, HBO is forcing him to face him after cotto, and if he disagrees its either retire or ggg, he has one more fight on hbo on his contract.
          Hbo hasn't really done anything to show that they're gonna force it yet... We could see some in the near futre, but nothing yet. Them not wanting to air Rubio could be because there isn't much interest there

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Sergio moved up to 160 and took on middleweight kings when he couldn't get a big fight. He's paid his dues. Why can't GGG do the same? Ward is waiting.
            Don't spoil GGG fans fun, most of them don't even know anything about boxing. Martinez had to take further risks when he wouldn't get his chance, He was Vernon Forrest mandatory for years and the fight never happen, he had to go through tough fighters that paid him next to nothing in Alex Burma, cintron, Williams etc before jumping up against the king at 160 in Pavlik, then the Williams rematch, Dzin that HBO wanted him to fight and Chavez that he chased, he man paid his dues and he isn't just going to give you any chance unless you too have earned it. Am sure if they bring the right money to the table he would fight anyone. I don't expect anyone to leave a Cotto payday on the table to fight GGG for less money, less fame, lesser name etc its a ******ed way of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Don't spoil GGG fans fun, most of them don't even know anything about boxing. Martinez had to take further risks when he wouldn't get his chance, He was Vernon Forrest mandatory for years and the fight never happen, he had to go through tough fighters that paid him next to nothing in Alex Burma, cintron, Williams etc before jumping up against the king at 160 in Pavlik, then the Williams rematch, Dzin that HBO wanted him to fight and Chavez that he chased, he man paid his dues and he isn't just going to give you any chance unless you too have earned it. Am sure if they bring the right money to the table he would fight anyone. I don't expect anyone to leave a Cotto payday on the table to fight GGG for less money, less fame, lesser name etc its a ******ed way of thinking.
              But surely GGG has earned it with his beast 2013 year of Rosado, Ishida, Macklin and Stevens. That is about as equal as Williams 2x, Pavlik, Chavez Jr, Dzinzuruk, Murray, Cintron, Macklin, Barker.

Comment

Stop fucking calling proffesional fighters "cowards"!

They fight for living and they're not affraid of each other.

Would I like to see Martinez vs GGG? Hell yeah, who wouldn't?

Would I choose fighting Cotto for more money? Fuck yeah.

Sergio has like 2, maybe 3 fights left, no wonder he wants to get the biggest possible paycheck before hanging'em up.

And it's coming from a huge GGG fan.

Comment

I'm fine with him trying to get money fights at him age & coming off an injury but if he's going to keep looking south for opponents then I'll have a small issue. GGG hasn't done much (opponent wise) that has impressed me but he's created enough buzz to where top guys at 160 & 168 should be trying to give him his first L!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    But surely GGG has earned it with his beast 2013 year of Rosado, Ishida, Macklin and Stevens. That is about as equal as Williams 2x, Pavlik, Chavez Jr, Dzinzuruk, Murray, Cintron, Macklin, Barker.
                    But but he had to fight all of those because nobody wanted to fight him, even Macklin was coming off One single round after losing to Martinez, he was coming off injury and only had one single round before he face GGG, it safe to say he wasn't at his best (Not that he would win anyway). Rosado and Ishida well sorry, and Curtis is the only fighter that I can say was on a good run when he faced GGG, and who is GGG fighting now? Amanda? Yep stellar stuff.. Lol

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                    Stop fucking calling proffesional fighters "cowards"!

They fight for living and they're not affraid of each other.

Would I like to see Martinez vs GGG? Hell yeah, who wouldn't?

Would I choose fighting Cotto for more money? Fuck yeah.

Sergio has like 2, maybe 3 fights left, no wonder he wants to get the biggest possible paycheck before hanging'em up.

And it's coming from a huge GGG fan.
                    It's a rarity to see a GGG fan that can split or see the difference in what we are talking about, I think we all would love to see Martinez face GGG but to be honest unless the money is right then it would not happen. With the age and injuries that Martinez has its going to be stupid of him if he doesn't make sure he uses his last 2 or 3 fights to get more money for his himself and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      It's a rarity to see a GGG fan that can split or see the difference in what we are talking about, I think we all would love to see Martinez face GGG but to be honest unless the money is right then it would not happen. With the age and injuries that Martinez has its going to be stupid of him if he doesn't make sure he uses his last 2 or 3 fights to get more money for his himself and family.
                      To be fair I do think that Martinez would get paid (as of right now) like 1 or 2 million for GGG fight, but he will get much more for Cotto or maybe even Chavez Jr rematch.

Don't get me wrong, GGG has PPV star written all over him, the only problem is by the time he reaches that status, Sergio will be happily retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X