No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I Would Consider Fighting Groves Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    The funny thing about that is some people call him a cherry picker which is beyond stupid.
    he didn't want to fight bute or Stevenson so yes he is a cherry picker. according to ward rodriguez earned his shot but they didn't lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      he didn't want to fight bute or Stevenson so yes he is a cherry picker. according to ward rodriguez earned his shot but they didn't lol.
      Stevenson is not in Wards division. What did Bute ever do to earn a fight with Ward? Or at the very least qualify him as a " ducked" opponent?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Isn't he about 15 defenses or so behind Sven Ottke?
        Yes, if you choose quantity over quality.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
          Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Yeah pretty much. Except for Calzaghe who wouldn't go to Germany even though Ottke was the man of the division.

Interesting you give Ottke a pass for this but jump at every chance to ridicule Ward.

Who do you think is missing from Ottkes record?
          Gee I'm not sure, it was such a spectacular era!!

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Stevenson is not in Wards division. What did Bute ever do to earn a fight with Ward? Or at the very least qualify him as a " ducked" opponent?
            My thoughts exactly. Look at how thin Bute and Stevenson's resumes are at 168....Ward went through the Super Six. Bute sat back and got knocked out but was somehow allowed to continue against lesser opposition....Stevenson had not fought anyone of not at 168. Does anyone here really think Stevenson or Bute could beat Ward? I'd give Stevenson a better shot than Bute but I think they both get outclassed

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              Ward was tied up with the S6 and was hurt while Bute got beat by a guy Ward won against convincingly, losing all appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by jab5239 View Post

interesting you give ottke a pass for this but jump at every chance to ridicule ward.

You should just keep Ottke to the same standards as you keep Ward. After all these two have a lot in common. Both stand out am's. They won't fight abroad. Gets favorable officiating. Cannot crack an egg.

gee i'm not sure, it was such a spectacular era!!
                I dont think it was, but I bet you have a bona fide bullitproof statistic ready to 'prove' that this era is better.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  You should just keep Ottke to the same standards as you keep Ward. After all these two have a lot in common. Both stand out am's. They won't fight abroad. Gets favorable officiating. Cannot crack an egg.
                  Did Ottke beat up your favorite fighter too?

I dont think it was, but I bet you have a bona fide bullitproof statistic ready to 'prove' that this era is better.
                  Lol, if I did you wouldn't be able to refute it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Ward was tied up with the S6 and was hurt while Bute got beat by a guy Ward won against convincingly, losing all appeal.
                    And yet after the s6, when everybody knew Bute was the single best fighter in the division that Ward hadn't fought, Ward said that Bute needed to qualify for a fight. And that was before Ward got injured.

And then Ward chose Pavlik.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JAB5239;14075090]

Did Ottke beat up your favorite fighter too?

Lol, if I did you wouldn't be able to refute it.
                      I disliked Ottke. I hated his style and his ugly mug. I wasted countless saturday nights hoping to see him getting KO'ed.

But he sure was a defensive wizard the phantom.

Comment

Working...
                      X