Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are people seriously giving cotto a chance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Martinez was in his prime, I would agree with the TS, but since this Martinez is past it, Cotto does have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Cotto's power at 154 is already not what it was at 140-147. At 160 he'll have next to no power IMO, and if Sergio is even remotely close to the same guy he's been the last couple years, he should have a field day. The style match up is all wrong for Cotto IMO
      I disagree, Martinez habit of having his hands at his waste isn't a good idea when he's the not the better pure boxer and in this fight, he isn't.

Comment

Cotto got this! Put your eCash or shout up!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Martinez by UD

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
            get real people, cotto isnt even a legit 154 never mind 160. he has been put on his ass at much lower weights. sergio is taller, longer reach and more power. even the martinez that showed up against murray will be too much for cotto.

i respect cotto for willing to fight anyone but his ass getting a beat down. the moment he feels sergio power he gona run like he was against margarito and pac in the later rounds.
            I am seriously giving Cotto a chance! Sergio is old and ****ed up, 2-3 years ago it would be different.

Comment

Seeing so many claim Cotto has a chance I take it you will be giving Sergio a good amount of credit once he beats Cotto?

Comment

Martinez will pick him apart and win this with ease...

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
                  get real people, cotto isnt even a legit 154 never mind 160. he has been put on his ass at much lower weights. sergio is taller, longer reach and more power. even the martinez that showed up against murray will be too much for cotto.

i respect cotto for willing to fight anyone but his ass getting a beat down. the moment he feels sergio power he gona run like he was against margarito and pac in the later rounds.
                  *****s be trippin

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    I disagree, Martinez habit of having his hands at his waste isn't a good idea when he's the not the better pure boxer and in this fight, he isn't.
                    You're right. Cotto is the better technician in this fight and he could very easily outbox Sergio.

This isn't a Kelly Pavlik or Paul Williams scenario. Cotto has quick enough hands to touch up Sergio and great technical ability to carry rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel1472 View Post
                      Martinez by UD
                      Cotto is the better Boxer.

If anyone wins by UD it's him.

Comment

Working...
                      X