No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Maidana Is As Much A Mismatch As Pacquiao vs Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    He would beat a guy like Julio Diaz. I was never much on the Broner hype, he has talent but he does not take the sport seriously, when pushed in a serious way he fell to pieces. In those other fights Broner held it together and beat guys better (by a wide margin) than Julio Diaz. Diaz is not that sort of fighter at all, he boxes and with Khan's amateurish style he was able to make it much more competitive. Broner would move forward against Diaz and likely make him crack.

Khan barely beat Maidana, so for someone saying someone is caught up on past hype look in the mirror dude~
    80% of people at the time thought Maidana would knock Khan out but that didn't happen - Khan beat him fair and square. Whereas Victor Ortiz quit after 6 rounds with Maidana and Adrien Broner got dropped twice but showed great heart and recovery powers to go the full 12 and still be strong at the end of the fight.

Diaz isn't just a boxer he can be a boxer-brawler at times, he has too much experience for Broner to deal with and underrated power. Broner would most likely lose to Diaz in the same way he did to Maidana - probably with a few knockdowns thrown in, possibly even been KOd since Diaz is technically better than Maidana. Maidana applies more pressure but Diaz is smarter overall.

However I could see Broner beating Diaz if he improves but that will take time. This version of Broner I think Diaz beats convincingly. But it could actually be an entertaining fight whatever happens.

Comment

Maidana beats Broner and now he is some kind of beast

gotta love the hype jobs

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
        80% of people at the time thought Maidana would knock Khan out but that didn't happen - Khan beat him fair and square. Whereas Victor Ortiz quit after 6 rounds with Maidana and Adrien Broner got dropped twice but showed great heart and recovery powers to go the full 12 and still be strong at the end of the fight.

Diaz isn't just a boxer he can be a boxer-brawler at times, he has too much experience for Broner to deal with and underrated power. Broner would most likely lose to Diaz in the same way he did to Maidana - probably with a few knockdowns thrown in, possibly even been KOd since Diaz is technically better than Maidana. Maidana applies more pressure but Diaz is smarter overall.

However I could see Broner beating Diaz if he improves but that will take time. This version of Broner I think Diaz beats convincingly. But it could actually be an entertaining fight whatever happens.
        Julio Diaz is not and never was as good as Maidana, Maidana actually came through in some of his big opportunities while Diaz never did. His claim to fame is he lost close to Khan when Diaz was thought to be totally cooked, I guess good for Diaz but that is more an indictment of Khan that anything positive about Diaz.

Broner would probably beat Julio Diaz bad, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they made that a comeback fight for him because he would almost surely pound him.

I am done with this conversation though because it is making me dumber, I have watched plenty of all these guys (including many Julio Diaz fights) and I know what my eyes have told me.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Maidana beats Broner and now he is some kind of beast

gotta love the hype jobs
          How is Maidana a hype job. How many people in here are saying he beats Mayweather.

Quit throwing that idiotic word around just because it suits you right now.

What has Khan done to earn a Floyd shot, at 147 nonetheless.

Comment

That's debatable.

"Maidana hits much harder than Rios."

That is very debatable. Rios has a better chin, better stamina, and he's bigger than Madaina. Maidana is bigger than AB and couldn't stop him because he is still, and will always be a C Level fighter. Stop HYPING him up because Manny would KO him and so will Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              Wrong! Maidana has improved since the fight with Khan and if you can't see that you truly don't know boxing. In that fight Maidana was just a come forward power puncher with little to no head movent. Since he has teamed up with Robert Garcia he has improved greatly. He moves his head more, he feints, he goes to the body, and he sets up traps.

If Maidana and Khan were to rematch I'm 100% sure he knocks Khan out.
              The problem with Maidana is that he does all of those things for a little while, and then as he starts to gas, becomes more sloppy and smothers himself up against his opponent.

It's a good thing that Broner helped him out because if it was Floyd, he would've taken advantage of that and have Maidana smother himself in every round of every minute. And the only time he would smother himself is when Floyd is peppering him with shots.

Comment

This comes down to two option from a fans perspective.

Do you want the guy with the current credentials in Maidana, who just won the WBA Title and beat a undefeated fighter for it, who somewhat resembles Floyd.

OR

Do you want the guy who is in a slump, has no titles at 140 where he has campaigned at, yet alone at 147 BUT you give him more of a shot stylistically since he is taller, faster and probably has more stamina than Maidana, since he has that Wildcard Gym conditioning.

The choice is yours. I wouldn't mind either, though Khan is more intriguing in that he is pretty fast and knows how to throw straight punch combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                  "Maidana hits much harder than Rios."

That is very debatable. Rios has a better chin, better stamina, and he's bigger than Madaina. Maidana is bigger than AB and couldn't stop him because he is still, and will always be a C Level fighter. Stop HYPING him up because Manny would KO him and so will Floyd.
                  No it's not debatable.

He clearly hits harder and he's stopped better fighters than Rios has even beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                    This comes down to two option from a fans perspective.

Do you want the guy with the current credentials in Maidana, who just won the WBA Title and beat a undefeated fighter for it, who somewhat resembles Floyd.

OR

Do you want the guy who is in a slump, has no titles at 140 where he has campaigned at, yet alone at 147 BUT you give him more of a shot stylistically since he is taller, faster and probably has more stamina than Maidana, since he has that Wildcard Gym conditioning.

The choice is yours. I wouldn't mind either, though Khan is more intriguing in that he is pretty fast and knows how to throw straight punch combinations.
                    maidana dropped and hurt both karass and lopez with straight punch combinations too. broner's bogus shoulder roll couldn't do **** about those looping punches so i think it was by design from robert garcia rather than the old maidana showing up.

Comment

To me between Khan and Maidana they are similar levels of actual challenge, both have different strengths and somewhat different weaknesses of which both guys have plenty of.

The funny thing while neither are great boxers Maidana is probably the trickier guy to deal with. Khan for all his speed and attributes is like an open coloring book in terms of trying to understand him, but Maidana for his lack of speed and polish does have some awkwardness and some guile that at least makes him a book you have to open up and read a bit to figure out (not a Stephen King like book but perhaps a Hardy Boys book).

I don't think either guy presents too much difficulty though, but Maidana is certainly the more credible guy at this moment in time.

Comment

Working...
                      X