Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Sports President Talks Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad to see politics surround such a great boxer. Most people just don't appreciate the sweet science.

Comment

• My point is, Rigondeaux is the best Bantamweight in the world, and could possibly be the one of the greatest Bantamweights of all time. For HBO to cut him just because casual fans don't know what they're watching is blasphemous to me, as a boxing fan.

People are saying that if HBO Cuts Rigo, nobody will terminate their subscription, well nobody is going to terminate their subscription if they keep him either.

What kind of message are we sending to a little kid out there who dreams of one day being the greatest fighter in the world, and wants to pour his soul into has dream, that even if he succeeds, nobody will have his back? Is that the kind of sport this is?

Well no matter what happens, even If i'm the only one, I got Rigo's back, no matter what anyone says.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-20-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• The blame should be on Agbeko for not throwing a punch. And on HBO themselves for buying such crappy fights...again and again.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
          What are you 12?

You can be the best fighter in the world, nothing is stopping that.

However if you want to be on national tv, premium cable, ppv, if you want to make millions of dollars... then you BETTER OFFER something to the people who are going to give you THEIR money.

They have an audience, that audience needs entertained, if you can entertain them, they will pay you... if you can't, they won't.

MONEY has nothing to do with being the best fighter in the world.
          If being the best Bantamweight in the world isn't enough, I don't know what else Rigo can do.

A fighter's job is just to fight. In my opinion, thats all that should be required.

Comment

• Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
            My point is, Rigondeaux is the best Bantamweight in the world, and could possibly be the one of the greatest Bantamweights of all time. For HBO to cut him just because casual fans don't know what they're watching is blasphemous to me, as a boxing fan.

People are saying that if HBO Cuts Rigo, nobody will terminate their subscription, well nobody is going to terminate their subscription if they keep him either.

What kind of message are we sending to a little kid out there who dreams of one day being the greatest fighter in the world, and wants to pour his soul into has dream, that even if he succeeds, nobody will have his back? Is that the kind of sport this is?

Well no matter what happens, even If i'm the only one, I got Rigo's back, no matter what anyone says.

they might not cut their subscription but they will change the channel.

again stop talking like you're some never ending beacon of hope and life wisdom. You're probably not even 30 yet and you have a lot of growing up to do.

What you perceive and how you see the world is totally different from reality. Life is not fair.

Nobody is stopping rigo from fighting. He can continue fighting till he drops dead. See evander holyfield and roy jones jr. They're just not gonna showcase you on hbo.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tase View Post

again stop talking like you're some never ending beacon of hope and life wisdom. You're probably not even 30 yet and you have a lot of growing up to do.

What you perceive and how you see the world is totally different from reality. Life is not fair.

Nobody is stopping rigo from fighting. He can continue fighting till he drops dead. See evander holyfield and roy jones jr. They're just not gonna showcase you on hbo.
              Dog stop telling me that I don't know anything about the world.

You know as little as every other human being, but that doesn't stop you from posting either does it.

Life is as fair as we make it. The only reason it's not fair is because there's more people like you than there are like me.

Comment

• Well, I would say this is on Rigo. He is a fighter, but he has a boss. The boss is telling Rigo to do a job, and its on him if he does it or not. Guess what, though? This is nothing new, and many fighters have changed their style in order to please the fans, which in turn gets them more money and air time. This is professional boxing, and the fighting here is much different from amateur boxing. Professional fighters are expected to sit down on their punches more. Like I said, boxing is a business and its up to Rigo whether he changes his style to a more crowd pleasing one or simply keeps the "boring" one. Rigo is a great fighter, but business is business. Personally, I don't mind seeing him fight, since one can learn a lot about boxing by watching him fight.

Comment

• It comes down to Audience and Economics

If HBO can pay Golovkin less then 400,000 to get 1.5 million people watching, why would they pay Rigo a Million to have only 1/3 of that amount watch?

Rigo does not offer value for dollar. We all know, including HBO, that he is a masterful fighter. If he cannot fill the seats or get people to tune in though, what is the justification from HBO's perspective?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tase View Post

HBO makes money on subscriptions, not advertisement.

Comment

• Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                      Dog stop telling me that I don't know anything about the world.

You know as little as every other human being, but that doesn't stop you from posting either does it.

Life is as fair as we make it. The only reason it's not fair is because there's more people like you than there are like me.

I bet you're not even 25 yet. No its not stopping me from posting but i dont post like im some 80 year old savant with vast life experience who has everything figured out dropping pretentious philosophical one liners like you.

but keep at. you look quite ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X