Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Sports President Talks Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrence Crawford should be treated the same way. He is way more borring than Rogondeaux, and doesnt have any pop in his punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
      While his size might be a problem I don't think it is close to being his main one. Other fighters like Juanma, Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares, Ponce de Leon, Darchinian, Donaire,ect..., have been regularly featured on HBO and Showtime while they were at a 122 or less.

I think his main problem besides his amateur style is that he has no fanbase. HBO has done everything to try to sell this guy and people just don't want to watch him fight. He doesn't have a built in fanbase like mexicans or ricans to support him no matter what and his style doesn't attract fans like Maidana, Matthysse or Martinez. HBO have tried everything even the connoseir angle like Rigo is some sort of fine wine that only the most sophisticated palate can appreciate. And that even turned more people off.

In the end the only one who can change this situation is Rigo himself. He needs to put his ego aside and start listening to his clients, the fans. This is not the amateurs were all he needed was points to win. This is the pros where he needs to do more than just win and show that he is truly as great as some claim him to be.
      None of those guys were featured on HBO, except Donaire, after he was very well established. Showtime used to feature them cause they were so cheap and a good bang for the buck. But none of them made 500k purses at Showtime, not even close

Comment

• I told you guys...HBO is a joke and their bias is just disgusting!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          I told you guys...HBO is a joke and their bias is just disgusting!
          I'll let Schaefer explain, as he ****s on Rigo and Gamboa in passing, after ****ting on his own fighter Lara after his most exciting fight:

"I think TV networks, at least Showtime, is rewarding excitement as well. When you see a fight like a Rignodeaux or a Gamboa - they don't have very crowd pleasing styles. And I think as a result it makes them much more difficulty to sell, and it has nothing to do with promoting.
          "
          http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-...gh-sell--66442

Comment

• I like how people who went into witness protection program after Rigo schooled Donaire come out of the woodwork to post when someone b*tches about RIgo not having a following. Biatch following or not he still schools any fighter you like just like Ducknaire or worse your excuse "but my guy sells more" would work great if being the best was about who sells the most tickets this is boxing not a movie..... get in the ring with the guy he still makes any fighter you like his b*tch

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              I'll let Schaefer explain, as he ****s on Rigo and Gamboa in passing, after ****ting on his own fighter Lara after his most exciting fight:

"I think TV networks, at least Showtime, is rewarding excitement as well. When you see a fight like a Rignodeaux or a Gamboa - they don't have very crowd pleasing styles. And I think as a result it makes them much more difficulty to sell, and it has nothing to do with promoting.
              "
              http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-...gh-sell--66442
              Kind of scary Schaefer included Gamboa in that statement. Despite his last couple of fights, Yuri's always been known as an aggressive, exciting fighter.

Comment

• Rigo needs to keep fighting and keep winning

Comment

Working...
                X