• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter stuck to a perfect gameplan.

Still can't believe he beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      People ought to be satisfied that Alexander is NOT a candidate for JOY jr

JOY JR wants a solid fighter, it won't be Alex but why not go for iron chin PORTER ?

He has a better chin than KHAN, got a hammer for his Jab and loads of youth, power and excitement.
      I like Porter but I don't want to see him fed to Floyd just yet.

Comment

Alexander s coach should have lined up better sparring when Porter was sparring with Kirkland and Andrade.

Comment

not at all surprised at the outcome -- Porter is very good -- very strong and his best asset is his ability to force guys to fight his fight -- Devon COULDN'T follow his game plan because Porter wouldn't let him -- even so, Alexander looked ordinary and seems done as someone relevant...

Comment

lol. what game plan? porters a nobody.

that made you look like a nobody.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So I guess Devon just got beat by a sparring partner...

He'll stick around in boxing but I think he's cornered himself to the 147 division and I don't see him going to 140 or 154. He might even pick up another title at 147 but he's not going to be fighting A class guys, its going to be careful matchmaking from here on out.

Comment

alexander has no skills and that was proven by porter. serves him right. that big mouth of his is all bark and no bite. alexander is a nobody. bitch should just retire.

Comment

The best thing Alexander can ever do is get away from his overrated **** talking trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Porter stuck to a perfect gameplan.

Still can't believe he beat him.
                    Once again, alexander showed he is just a front runner,,

I thought alexander had improved greatly since the bradley fight, and was just peaking as a pro, with a solid win over maidana,,

But alexander is a front runner that folds when he cant get off to a good start, bradley and porter both took the early rounds from alexander, and he cant make adjustments. Maidana tried to box with alexander, and devon got off to a good start and never looked back in that fight..

Alexander's front running is what seperates him from guys like floyd. Alexander has all the skills and talent, but he just cant make any adjustments whereas a floyd may get off to a rough start vs judah but he can adapt and win, whereas if alexander was having trouble early, he never recovers

last night vs porter was a clear example of not being able to make adjustments and it cost alexander dearly..

for the record, i picked alexander to win, because i thought he was more skilled and more experienced, but in reality once porter got off to that fast start it was all down hill for alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Alexander has all the skills and talent
                      I don't think he does. People mistake speed and movement with skills.

He doesn't punch with authority, his defence is leaky, he doesn't have a good attack, he has no inside game, he doesn't have ring IQ, he relies heavily on excessive clinching (remarkable that he has reached this point in his career without being docked a point for it).

What skills am I missing?

Comment

Working...
                      X