Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toughest sport in the world is...(RESULTS INSIDE)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Hockey 2nd? I expected football to be 2nd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    That can't be right it should be a combat sport like mma

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Hockey 2nd? I expected football to be 2nd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      hockey is way faster then football. you could skate 3 times as fast as you could ever run. now take 10 guys & 2 goalies skating full speed at each other.body checks, shooting a hard puck 100mph at you, fighting. hockey skates can be dangerous. sharp blades can do serious damage. you hit a guy full speed on skates you will do way more damage then someone running into you...
      Last edited by joe strong; 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

boxing is the toughest sport & I agree hockey is next. the Stanley cup is by far the hardest championship to win in any sport. 82 game schedule followed by a possible 28 games in the playoffs.

Comment

List is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Swarmfan View Post
            ^^ lol took me a minute

I could buy this list, at first I thought mma for sure, but i guess this list was made before the mma explosion.
            I don't think MMA would qualify to be honest. In boxing if you're getting beat down by punches you can't just grab the guy's leg and pull him down on the ground. I know wrestling is tough in itself but that doesn't change the fact MMA fighters use it simply to get out of a bad situation. That's why MMA fighters can't seem to take punches as well as boxers, they aren't used to having to endure the unendurable. You would never see something like that moment in Bradley-Prov where TB was out on his feet yet keeping himself up and holding Prov back. It would have gone to the ground in a heartbeat. A lot of major MMA fights can also average 20 or so punches per round. Boxing? Often over 100 per round. And no top athlete in their own sport should be running out of steam before the first round is over. The amount of times I see MMA fighters gas out in title fights is ridiculous.
            Last edited by croz; 12-05-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

The list has since been revised in first place is Curling.

Lists like this are dumb. Tough in what manner? There was a medical team that had to do a study to determine that when college rowers were bleeding from the lungs it was not harmful.....

There are rock climbers that can support their weight on a finger and often...come into situations where they will die if the weight distribution and fingers are not fit enough to act....

Judo and Aikido, particularly Aikido is supposed to be a gentle alternative to breaking the joints on a person...yet these sportive activities have the most dangerous injuries of any sport, yes including football and rugby. This is because of the spectacular falls one must take.

There is no such thing as the toughest sport. Boxing has its own considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                I don't think MMA would qualify to be honest. In boxing if you're getting beat down by punches you can't just grab the guy's leg and pull him down on the ground. I know wrestling is tough in itself but that doesn't change the fact MMA fighters use it simply to get out of a bad situation. That's why MMA fighters can't seem to take punches as well as boxers, they aren't used to having to endure the unendurable. You would never see something like that moment in Bradley-Prov where TB was out on his feet yet keeping himself up and holding Prov back. It would have gone to the ground in a heartbeat. A lot of major MMA fights can also average 20 or so punches per round. Boxing? Often over 100 per round. And no top athlete in their own sport should be running out of steam before the first round is over. The amount of times I see MMA fighters gas out in title fights is ridiculous.
                In MMA you deal with a lot of superficial trauma to the face and body which produces a spectacular amount of blood, hence it looks violent as hell....But aside from an occasional dislocation (most of which can be put back immediately), some concussive traumas there is not the impact that factors into Rugby, Football and even boxing.

Comment

the 2 very best sports in the world, respectively, also the toughest sports in the world, respectively. i never understood why football fanatics always clamored on and on about football being tougher than hockey. hockey is more demanding, more challenging, more fun, requires more skill and precision, and is alot tougher to excel in than stop and go - catch ball - run. i like football like the next guy, but come on...

Comment

Soccer ahead of Rugby..................

Comment

Not only the toughest, also the BEST.

Comment

Working...
                      X