Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Camp Gives Cotto Ultimatum: "You Have Until next Week To Take The Offer"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto feels like the popular girl at the dance. Everyone wants to knock him out and retire him. He knows this is his last chance at big money, so he's being diva. Whoever he picks to fight will put him to sleep.

It's time to put this old head out to pasture. He's had a good run.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Good enough to beat Trout, some one Cotto wasn't good enough to beat.

We'll see who isn't that good if Cotto fights Canelo and gets beaten handily. It will be competitive, but he will get beat handily, and then we'll see who isn't that good.

You are angry and are now talking nonsense. What I say is the truth, Cotto doesn't have much left in the tank and he is only being used for his big name and fanbase. He is not going to beat any top 3 fighter, he never did at 154, and hasn't done so in years. To be exact, Cotto has not beaten a top 10 ranked fighter in 3 and a half years and hasn't beaten a top 3 fighter since 2009 when he got a gift against Clottey. From 2011-present, Canelo has beaten a #4 ranked fighter and #2 ranked fighter at 154. But he is not that good,just better than Cotto.

Continue on about PPV and drawing, Canelo is the future. 2.2Million PPV's sold in his last PPV, that is more PPV's sold than Cotto's last two PPV's combined(Mayweather 1.5 + Margarito II 600k).
      And Cotto actually won rounds off Mayweather, something Canelo couldn't do.

Cotto isn't losing to Canelo Alvarez. Two different classes of fighters.

Are you talking about beating Rhodes and Trout? Good job, spent almost his whole career at the weight and he has one more top 10 win at 154 than Cotto.

And gift against Clottey? Blocking punches wins rounds now over actually punching, that's why you had Murray beating Martinez.

See how well he draws when he loses twice in a row to fights he had 10 years of age advantage on.

Comment

I want to see both fights. Don't care which comes first. I think Cotto can beat both of them.

Comment

cotto should fight martinez for the MW title, Canelo-Cotto would sell well on PPV on showtime but after that they are screwed because nobody else right now @ 154 would sell. I thought canelo is supposed to fight 3 times on PPV next year. Cotto is the biggest name out there for him other then that it could be ugly. I know canelo is young star but i can't see a PPV selling well with angulo,lara,molina etc. unless he wants to move up to middleweight and fight kid chocolate, which would be awesome imo.

+ what if canelo loses again, thats why i keep thinking he's going to get paired with a lesser fighter. like rabchenko, K9, ishe smith... someone like that. Someone we all know canelo can beat. showtime can't afford canelo to lose again, so if he doesnt get the cotto fight im expecting him to fight a lesser fighter to get his confidence back up.

Comment

LOL at these fans who never get tired of seeing old faces in boxing. How about Alvarez rematching Baldomir? LOL. How about blowing up the winner of the Malignaggi/Judah fight for the ginger kid? Cotto should just be expected to fight in undercards and exhibition matches. I have no idea why they let totally shot Baldomir fight an hungry young kid. Fans should be demanding new faces. How about Alvarez fighting Lara, Angulo, Kirkland, etc. If Cotto/Canelo doesn't happen, why let it bunch up your panties in knots?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              And Cotto actually won rounds off Mayweather, something Canelo couldn't do.

Cotto isn't losing to Canelo Alvarez. Two different classes of fighters.

Are you talking about beating Rhodes and Trout? Good job, spent almost his whole career at the weight and he has one more top 10 win at 154 than Cotto.

And gift against Clottey? Blocking punches wins rounds now over actually punching, that's why you had Murray beating Martinez.

See how well he draws when he loses twice in a row to fights he had 10 years of age advantage on.
              That's a complete lie they have both been at 154 for about the same time and a lot of people thought Clottey deserved the decision.

Comment

Lol this dude.

Go for Martinez Cotto. Let's see if the ginger has the balls to face Lara after you turn him down. Or if he will go on a senior citizen or JWW run again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  That's a complete lie they have both been at 154 for about the same time and a lot of people thought Clottey deserved the decision.
                  Majority of scores I've seen had it for Cotto.

Comment

Lol @ Canelo beat Trout. Can't believe people have the nerves to brag about that.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

There's no denying that Canelo acts like a spoiled brat but Cotto really does need to make a decision soon, so both GBP and HBO can plan accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X