Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Camp Gives Cotto Ultimatum: "You Have Until next Week To Take The Offer"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I was on a laptop which I am not used to so I made some typos like outlanded, and completely missed saying "How is only 5 more people saying Martinez equal the majority?".

Really, 55 vs 60 with 11 draws is nothing to prove that the majority of members thought Martinez won.

And I still proved that Clottey did a lot more than just block punches. He landed more punches and Cotto gassed and should have lost the fight.
    We just won't ever agree on anything Kev. I've come to accept that. If Cotto and Canelo make a deal, I have a feeling we'll be dealing with each other more in the coming months.

Looking forward to debating someone who knows boxing like yourself

Comment

• Fine, hopefully the fight gets made. Not only will we bet points but also an avatar bet. You will be rocking Canelo on your av for months.

I'll also make you change your pink username.

Comment

Fine, hopefully the fight gets made. Not only will we bet points but also an avatar bet. You will be rocking Canelo on your av for months.

Why do you think he can beat Cotto? He hasnt shown me nothing yet. Cintron was landing flush shots on him and Cintron looked horrible in their fight. He beat Trout but it was unimpressively. He looked like shlt in the Floyd fight. I mean, whats the deal with the hype on this kid? He has no speed, hes flat footed, and has no body movement. Throw in his stamina issues and you got an average joe.

Comment

Many people had Murray beating Martinez:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=594830

55 for Murray, 60 for Martinez, 11 a Draw.
          The difference was initially close to 60% for Martinez at one point, but when I bumped it recently a bunch of Brits started voting for Murray en mass. It's at 61 Martinez and 55 for Murray right now. It was a close fight, and so was Cotto v. Clottey.

Comment

Fine, hopefully the fight gets made. Not only will we bet points but also an avatar bet. You will be rocking Canelo on your av for months.

I'm down

Always going after my pink username aren't ya?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
              Why do you think he can beat Cotto? He hasnt shown me nothing yet. Cintron was landing flush shots on him and Cintron looked horrible in their fight. He beat Trout but it was unimpressively. He looked like shlt in the Floyd fight. I mean, whats the deal with the hype on this kid? He has no speed, hes flat footed, and has no body movement. Throw in his stamina issues and you got an average joe.
              Both have stamina issues. So ultimately the better conditioned fighter wins this fight. Not an easy fight for both and it will be bloody. It's a 50/50 fight, but I'm giving slight advantage to Cotto because he's the more experienced fighter.

Let's see who Cotto picks.

Comment

• I like Canelo, but they're taking a very "entitled" approach because they know they have a money following. But hey, Cotto does to and he has a more enticing opportunity vs the Middleweight king.

Cotto lost to Trout, but picked himself back up with a solid win. Time for Canelo to do the same to get the public interested in you with a notch in the win column. Canelo showed some guts, but also a lot of immaturity and that he has work to do. Put in the work, don't think you're #2 just because you didn't get knocked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
                  I like Canelo, but they're taking a very "entitled" approach because they know they have a money following. But hey, Cotto does to and he has a more enticing opportunity vs the Middleweight king.

Cotto lost to Trout, but picked himself back up with a solid win. Time for Canelo to do the same to get the public interested in you with a notch in the win column. Canelo showed some guts, but also a lot of immaturity and that he has work to do. Put in the work, don't think you're #2 just because you didn't get knocked out.
                  The thing is Canelo did it to Mayweather as well. Mayweather. He gave ultimatums to Mayweather. Guess what happened?

It worked. Sure there was an outcry from fans that Canelo doesn't have the right to talk like that, but I think he, Schaefer, Chepo and every one behind the scenes know full well that Canelo's people are offering Cotto the best legit offer out of every one and if Cotto is smart he'd take the Canelo fight. The supposed $15mill offer from Arum sounds like BS.

Comment

Working...
                  X