No announcement yet.

Now THAT Was Some Bull****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I now have a horrible, horrible, horrible, gut wrenching feeling about Pac-Rios. Froch needing a robbery stoppage is not a good sign.

i watched HBO's weigh in show earlier and they showed all the big fights that happened outside of the US and dammit, all the favorites got KTFO

i also have a nervous feeling about later...besides not getting his ass kicked, PAC not only needs to win, but he needs to look spectacular

Comment

Originally posted by IconBoy View Post
      big froch fan but that was some horrible stoppage.
      Froch was on ***** street in the first round, why didn't Howard Foster stop it then. Eddie Hearn needs to sort a rematch.
      they should have the rematch here in the US...have the fight held in Texas and have a legit robbery by the judges...that's how the big boys do it

Originally posted by Young Stribling View Post
      Carl lives to brag another day.

i'm guessing Froch talked about how it was a good stoppage and that Groves was seriously hurt..and 20mins about how awesome he is

Comment

Bad stoppage.

I felt Froch would have taken him out in the last 3 rounds though.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          i watched HBO's weigh in show earlier and they showed all the big fights that happened outside of the US and dammit, all the favorites got KTFO

i also have a nervous feeling about later...besides not getting his ass kicked, PAC not only needs to win, but he needs to look spectacular
          Hernandez won though. Via a pretty one punch KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Bad stoppage.

I felt Froch would have taken him out in the last 3 rounds though.

maybe or maybe not...the ref didn't allow boxing to nature take its course

Dan, what's up with that ref? does he normally do UK prize fights? he allowed Froch to get away with A LOT of ****...rabbit punches, elbows, punching after the break...dude was horrible

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Hernandez won though. Via a pretty one punch KTFO.

imagine if the ref for Froch-Groves was the one doing FLoyd-Shane and he stopped it in the 2nd?

Comment

maybe or maybe not...the ref didn't allow boxing to nature take its course

Dan, what's up with that ref? does he normally do UK prize fights? he allowed Froch to get away with A LOT of ****...rabbit punches, elbows, punching after the break...dude was horrible
                Bad night for the ref, real bad.

Yeah he's a common ref sadly. Our ref's just aren't good here to be honest.

Rematch will definitely happen likely immediately.

Comment

imagine if the ref for Froch-Groves was the one doing FLoyd-Shane and he stopped it in the 2nd?
                  NSB is terrible now. With the above scenario..... Well...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Bad night for the ref, real bad.

Yeah he's a common ref sadly. Our ref's just aren't good here to be honest.

Rematch will definitely happen likely immediately.
                    For Groves the stoppage was a blessing in disguise as I dont think he's have heard the final bell anyway. Groves looked great, didn't take unneccesary punishment, gavne da lot of experience and confidence, didn't quit and earned himself another massive payday.

Froch finally showed his age. He was slower than ever before, couldn't get the jab working despite a footlong reachadvantage. Maybe all those wars has finally caught up with him.

Comment

In fairness to the ref, Groves has taken a lot of punishment at that point.

Not saying it wasn't a terrible stoppage because it was, but it's not like he just wobbled him, Groves had taken a lot of shots and was clearly hurt at the time.

Still, really bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X