No announcement yet.

Ellerbe: "Mayweather vs Khan isn't done deal yet. Contracts arent signed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    But you bringing in Marg does is immaterial to the argument we're having. Which is that Floyd discounts Pac's Cotto win due to the CW. The same criteria would discount his own Canelo win. It's not like I called Floyd a hypocrite for loading his own gloves while putting down Marg, get it? I don't believe you had a point in mind, just trying to create a diversion, obvious tactics.

I'm just answering that guy's question, jeez, so sensitive. Especially for a paid shill.
    I didn't "bring in Marg". I posted what floyd said. You missquoted him, most likely purposely, so you could use the statement to support your argument. Had you not incorrectly quoted him, I would have no need to correct it.

So like I posted earlier, you are applying it to floyd v canelo so you can discount the win because thats what you think floyd did, and also so you can argue floyd's 2 lb cw is worse than manny's.

ok, I understand. why didn't you just confirm this earlier when I posted same.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando
      Quote:

Originally Posted by john_uphold

This is off topic, but I couldn't hold back after seeing this quote on someones sig on here.. Unbelievable.. Let's say this wasn't at a catch weight (Mayweather V Canelo), are you saying you still believe that Canelo could have pulled some kind of different set of skills out of nowhere because of a weight change? Believe it, Canelo was completely outskilled the whole fight. Give Floyd Jr. his due respect, Canelo is also a great young fighter with alot to gain in the future, but he would have never beaten Floyd, even without a catchweight. Cmon people

Here, take it from these guys:

Floyd: "I look at Miguel Cotto as an undefeated fighter because he faced Pacquiao, but Pacquiao caught him at a catch weight. He wasn't the best Miguel Cotto. He was drained. He wasn't hydrated."

Ellerbe: "Cotto was a dead man walking when he went into the ring. The casual fan doesn’t know what difference one or two pounds can make when a fighter is already down to weight.”
      Not sure why you waste your energy arguing these quotes. Everyone knows these two are the biggest hypocrites in the sport, if not in the world.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        I understand. if the fight is on CBS/sho and not ppv, then I can understand why its being made. It would be the equivalent of odh v steve forbes.

this is still a really ****ty crap fight.
        It would be a very noble act from him, probably gain a massive amount of fans for a huge pay cut. DLH already had 13.5 Million PPV's sold in 18 PPV main events, and $610 million generated in PPV revenue when he gave us his freebie.

Mayweather has 11 PPV's, 7 less than De La Hoya, but he does have more 1million+ PPV's than De La Hoya. DLH only has Trinidad, Mayweather himself, and Pacquiao. Mayweather has DLH, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, and Canelo. Mayweather is also the only fighter in PPV history with two different PPV's that sold 2 million or more PPV's. So I think Floyd has proven he is the PPV king and can give us one freebie against a sh-t opponent like Khan. But his nickname is "Money", so it would be an absolute shock if he says 'You know what, i'll take a pay cut and give you guys a free fight."

Also I don't think Floyd's ego would not let him do that. He would think that fans would say "Oh he's not a draw anymore" or "He doesn't think he could sell by himself, since Khan is not a draw in the U.S." And believe this, people WILL say that, of course the usual Floyd critics. He would also bring up Pacquiao and how he's coming off a brutal KO, and how Rios is coming off a decisive loss, but no one told Pacquiao to make his fight free.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I definitely believe Mayweather himself isn't thinking much about who he wants to fight next more than I believe he's about to sign to fight Khan. It's not the week of Pacquiaos fight, so we wont know anything about Mayweathers next opponent until then.
          Fixed it for you

Comment

Ellerbe is a complete douche-bag .it will be a disgrace if khan gets this fight .completely undeserved

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              It would be a very noble act from him, probably gain a massive amount of fans for a huge pay cut. DLH already had 13.5 Million PPV's sold in 18 PPV main events, and $610 million generated in PPV revenue when he gave us his freebie.

Mayweather has 11 PPV's, 7 less than De La Hoya, but he does have more 1million+ PPV's than De La Hoya. DLH only has Trinidad, Mayweather himself, and Pacquiao. Mayweather has DLH, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, and Canelo. Mayweather is also the only fighter in PPV history with two different PPV's that sold 2 million or more PPV's. So I think Floyd has proven he is the PPV king and can give us one freebie against a sh-t opponent like Khan. But his nickname is "Money", so it would be an absolute shock if he says 'You know what, i'll take a pay cut and give you guys a free fight."

Also I don't think Floyd's ego would not let him do that. He would think that fans would say "Oh he's not a draw anymore" or "He doesn't think he could sell by himself, since Khan is not a draw in the U.S." And believe this, people WILL say that, of course the usual Floyd critics. He would also bring up Pacquiao and how he's coming off a brutal KO, and how Rios is coming off a decisive loss, but no one told Pacquiao to make his fight free.
              Good post.

I just dont think Haymon/SChaeffer are ******. They saw with floyd/ghost that floyd can't just announce a fight and expect it to sell. while I agree with ray on the profit goal, this is going to be a hard fight to sell.

If you take the pulse of many floyd fans on NSB alot of us are posting about not purchasing this fight. If this is the fight, I hope they give it to us. If floyd somehow lost then you'd have a MASSIVE ppv in the rematch.

I can afford 10 ppv fights-but not this BS.

Comment

I think they are waiting to see how manny looks,, and what happens with broner-maidana,,alexander, etc

I think they wont finalize an opponent till late january

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I think they are waiting to see how manny looks,, and what happens with broner-maidana,,alexander, etc

I think they wont finalize an opponent till late january
                  That Manny fight ain't happening next, so don't matter how he looks.

Broner v Maidana....who ever wins that fight is against useless cos Floyd ain't fighting either.

Alexander...well he may actually be next if Brook don't get in there quick but in terms of pure financials, there are only 2 guys who make Floyd the type of dollas he wants and that Garcia or Khan.

Floyd WILL be fighting one of those 2 next, it's a given.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    I didn't "bring in Marg". I posted what floyd said. You missquoted him, most likely purposely, so you could use the statement to support your argument. Had you not incorrectly quoted him, I would have no need to correct it.

So like I posted earlier, you are applying it to floyd v canelo so you can discount the win because thats what you think floyd did, and also so you can argue floyd's 2 lb cw is worse than manny's.

ok, I understand. why didn't you just confirm this earlier when I posted same.
                    I didn't misquote, it was a cut and paste job. Whatever he said about Marg has nothing to do with the CW stip the guy was asking about, would be ****** to include it unless you were trying to divert from the embarrassing topic

Comment

• Khan is not going to be a big draw here in the states. Its a major let down after Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X