Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for old-school Pacquaio fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for old-school Pacquaio fans?

Well I want you to be honest in this answer

If you been following pacquiao since the 90s or early 2000s..did you ever think at the time that he would become an AtG?..I've been watching some of his fights from the 90s..and all I see is a one-dimensional slugger with a good chin and a great left hook.

I wasn't a fan back then , but I have seen his fights on YouTube he did not look like hed be an atg tbh . but he woulda beat hammed back then

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
      Well I want you to be honest in this answer

If you been following pacquiao since the 90s or early 2000s..did you ever think at the time that he would become an AtG?..I've been watching some of his fights from the 90s..and all I see is a one-dimensional slugger with a good chin and a great left hook.
      Back in the 90's, only read about him. He won a title then lost it. I thought he was a 1 hit wonder. But after the Barrera fight, i am sold but when he became a ppv attraction, surprising.

Comment

Me and my Dad used to watch boxing when I was younger and we first saw Manny "The Destroyer" Pacquiao on the undercard of a De La Hoya PPV. From there on we saw him on a bunch of other undercards. I remember he appeared on a Mayweather undercard ironically and a Tyson undercard too I believe. Just from seeing him fight over and over again we became fans.

I knew he would be a great fighter win a bunch of world championships but never thought he would be knocking out welterweights and being a multi million dollar PPV star.

Comment

He's not one of my favorite fighters or anything but when I first saw him I didn't think he would last this long.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES_THUNDER View Post
            I wasn't a fan back then , but I have seen his fights on YouTube he did not look like hed be an atg tbh . but he woulda beat hammed back then
            he was raw as ****, but he had alot of athletic ability.

Comment

didint think hed move up through the rankings like he did. I was never a big fan of the FW and SFW back then. I enjoyed his fights no doubt, but i never in a million years think hed become a phenomenon like he did. I think his accomplishments superseded all of our expectations. Great fighter. Great human being.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                didint think hed move up through the rankings like he did. I was never a big fan of the FW and SFW back then. I enjoyed his fights no doubt, but i never in a million years think hed become a phenomenon like he did. I think his accomplishments superseded all of our expectations. Great fighter. Great human being.
                I guess 45 year old virgin cheerleaders count as old-school fans...??

Comment

When I first saw him plough through Ledwaba I thought he was a beast. No surprise that's he an ATG

Comment

I don't think anyone could've predicted what Manny became. Which is what makes his career so great, IMO. As someone said, when he was younger he just had a lot of raw athletic ability.

Comment

Working...
                    X