No announcement yet.

Question for old-school Pacquaio fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    Knew he was gonna be one of those fan favorite, go all out to win type of fighters, but never thought he'd destroy WW fighters the way he has.

Started from the bottom. True underdog story.

Comment

Cmon now ..hell no no one thought Pacquiao was gonna be an all time great/ppv star alongside the biggest names ever.
      Became a huge fan for his relentlessness / "no fear" . Loved how he would just take shots after shots n just keep coming after u. Thats what made his story to the top so great. He was the ifrst filipino athlete to make it huge worldwide, a true story of an underdog/rocky

Comment

i seen him first against Ledwaba, n i knew he would be a great fighter, i was very young back then but i have been watching boxing since a kid, i told everybody that day vs Ledwaba that he will be an amazing fighter cause of his speed

then i went against Barrera going for Pacquiao n of course all the people we were with cause we all Mexicans, but nobody knew Pacquiao i was young kid but i won a lot of money that night

i called it since the first time i had seen him

but i had no idea he would defeat DLH n go all the way up destroying opponents

Comment

Ist TKO win. 4th fight. Opponent was 2-0 Pac 4-0. and 16 years old. Who would have thought this kid was gonna be Fighter of the Decade!

Comment

I only 1st seen Pac in a tape of the 1st Barrera fight in DEc 2003! And I said Wow, He's like SRL & Duran combination. Made a research on him, Find some of his old fights DVDs and made my Predictions. After the Morales KO, Which I predicted he can do even b4 the 1st fight, I made a Bold Predictions. I said He can fight up to welterweight and said he can KO Hatton & even beat DLH. And I also Predicted Floyd might ducked him and Floyd followed that script!
            Last edited by Pacdbest; 10-27-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
              Well I want you to be honest in this answer

If you been following pacquiao since the 90s or early 2000s..did you ever think at the time that he would become an AtG?..I've been watching some of his fights from the 90s..and all I see is a one-dimensional slugger with a good chin and a great left hook.
              Well nobody knew for sure but at the age of 23 he was already a 3 divisions champ and 2 lineal champ.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Me and my Dad used to watch boxing when I was younger and we first saw Manny "The Destroyer" Pacquiao on the undercard of a De La Hoya PPV. From there on we saw him on a bunch of other undercards. I remember he appeared on a Mayweather undercard ironically and a Tyson undercard too I believe. Just from seeing him fight over and over again we became fans.

I knew he would be a great fighter win a bunch of world championships but never thought he would be knocking out welterweights and being a multi million dollar PPV star.
                Same, and I use to see his name in the Ring Mag back in the late 90s. I never expected what he's accomplished.

Ledwaba fight was an eye opener, HBO were literally hyping Ledwaba up after his performance on the undercard of Lewis-Rahman I...brought this Filipino kid as a replacement on two weeks notice...then...BOOM...history.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
                  Well I want you to be honest in this answer

If you been following pacquiao since the 90s or early 2000s..did you ever think at the time that he would become an AtG?..I've been watching some of his fights from the 90s..and all I see is a one-dimensional slugger with a good chin and a great left hook.
                  I've watched pac's fights when he was even a very raw, wild daredevil lad....sort of very ****y then.....

then also saw him got beat via a body punch....

so, the answer is no............i never thought of him as someone in the mold of flash gabriel, espinoza or penalosa(s)....

but it was good to be proven wrong once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    He actually lost me as a fan the moment he ducked Mayweather using the afraid of needles excuse. I couldn't believe a fighter would actually avoid the biggest fight of the century over not wanting to be tested. It's obvious, even more so now that his ok with testing, Manny used the testing makes me weak excuse to duck Floyd. If Manny had man up and took the test and fought Floyd, win or lose I would have still been a fan, a bigger Manny fan then A Floyd fan even thought am not really a Floyd fan.
                    That is BS.

The tone was bad coming from Floyd's camp. They all ACCUSED Manny of taking PEDs with no proof. Manny was OK for random testing but they couldn't agree on the cutoff dates. When Manny called his bluff, we all found out that Floyd never really wanted that fight.

Manny lost to Morales and then fought him twice.
                    Manny got KOed ..... still wanted that guy as Option #1.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      That is BS.

The tone was bad coming from Floyd's camp. They all ACCUSED Manny of taking PEDs with no proof. Manny was OK for random testing but they couldn't agree on the cutoff dates. When Manny called his bluff, we all found out that Floyd never really wanted that fight.

Manny lost to Morales and then fought him twice.
                      Manny got KOed ..... still wanted that guy as Option #1.
                      Exactly. The "Pacquiao ducked Floyd" excuse carries no weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X