Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for old-school Pacquaio fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't stand the older Pacquiao. Not at all my type of fighter. "One dimensional" would be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      I couldn't stand the older Pacquiao. Not at all my type of fighter. "One dimensional" would be fair.

According to Floyd Sr., "the older Pacquiao", which would be the most recent Pacquiao who just fought JMM, was the best version of Pacquiao he had seen to date up until the brain fart that got him knocked out.

Sr. Was making noise about how skillful and multi-dimensional Pacman was boxing and suggested that none of his techniques were from Roach and Pacman got those tricks from somebody else and was looking like a damn boxing virtuoso until JMM put him to sleep.

Comment

Never in my wildest dream did l expect him to go north of his division that far. l actually wanted him to stay at 126 and finish his career there.

Comment

Originally posted by johnsmithjr View Post
          according to floyd sr., "the older pacquiao", which would be the most recent pacquiao who just fought jmm, was the best version of pacquiao he had seen to date up until the brain fart that got him knocked out.

Sr. Was making noise about how skillful and multi-dimensional pacman was boxing and suggested that none of his techniques were from roach and pacman got those tricks from somebody else and was looking like a damn boxing virtuoso until jmm put him to sleep.
          ? .........

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            ? .........
            They interviewed Floyd Sr a few days after Marquez KO'd Pacquiao.

Maybe it was sympathy, but Floyd Sr simply had nothing but praise for the way Pacquiaonwas fighting until he got sloppy and put to sleep.

It could even have been Sr. Still trying to up-sell a defeated Pacquiao in order to preserve the luster of a Pac fight with his son.
            Last edited by JohnSmithJr; 10-28-2013, 05:03 AM.

Comment

I first saw PAC during the "Blow by Blow" days. It's a boxing show here in the Philippines that comes right after basketball(PBA) if I'm not mistaken. A true underdog story.

Comment

People have preferences...likes and dislikes...hates and loves. And so if someone is enamored with Pac, then cool. But if someone "hates" or hates Pac, then everybody following Pac is a minion and delusional.

Why can't anyone just enjoy the sport itself? It doesn't have to be a soap opera.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Damn are you really 45?
                  I am 32. I was accusing YOU of being the 45 year old. Sorry I no speakie tagarog.

Comment

I remember when he was on the oscar undercard, and then again on the tyson-lewis undercard,,,

then he was a huge underdog vs barrera

then an underdog to the "bigger" morales at 130..

Once morales out-fought him in the first fight,, manny started to box more, and go in and out, instead of just jab jab straight left,,,,,

I remember when he was a huge underdog to oscar,,,,

And now we have idiots that think he forced oscar to be weight-drained, and they wanna see him fight huge guys like canelo, etc

Can you imagine in 2005 if someone said cotto vs manny,,, they would be laughed at

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
                      Well I want you to be honest in this answer

If you been following pacquiao since the 90s or early 2000s..did you ever think at the time that he would become an AtG?..I've been watching some of his fights from the 90s..and all I see is a one-dimensional slugger with a good chin and a great left hook.
                      I find it an amazing accomplishment that the guy I first saw with Murad Muhammad has elevated himnself into the 2nd biggest star in boxing by TR. I may loathe Bob but he and Manny deserve credit for this.

Comment

Working...
                      X