No announcement yet.

Delvin Rodriguez: "Cotto beats Martinez, definitely."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Why people are saying Sergio is slick is beyond me... The guy gets hit WAY too much to be called slick, he fights like Roy Jones but not nearly as well. He counters well when he slips his punches while his hands are down but once the reactions go that style is terrible. Murray hardly threw any punches from what I remeber and Sergio was gassed, it was the same thing with Chavez. Neither of them have great stamina but Cotto is the better overall fighter, it's a close fight but I'd take Cotto. His jab is the main reason, fighting with your hands down against a powerful jab like Cotto's is just asking for trouble.
    Sergio is the definition of slickness... and shows excellent stamina in the championship rounds. Remember when he went beast mode on Pavlik from round 9-12, stopped Macklin and Barker in the championship rounds and threw over 100 punches against Chavez in the 11th.

Cotto can't out-jab Sergio. Martinez has the height and reach advantage, quick feet and a laser jab. If Cotto fights Sergio in the middle of the ring, it will be a very very one-sided fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
      And who did cheato beat without the plaster?
      ahhh uhhhmmm martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
        Sergio is the definition of slickness... and shows excellent stamina in the championship rounds. Remember when he went beast mode on Pavlik from round 9-12, stopped Macklin and Barker in the championship rounds and threw over 100 punches against Chavez in the 11th.

Cotto can't out-jab Sergio. Martinez has the height and reach advantage, quick feet and a laser jab. If Cotto fights Sergio in the middle of the ring, it will be a very very one-sided fight.

It will be a one sided fight regardless unless Sergio is shot.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
          He might have a chance since sergio isn't slick like trout and mayweather
          lulz you removed Trout's name from your sig, Broner is next brother

Comment

If Cotto gasses in the championship rounds I see him getting swept. They're both evenly skilled Martinez is just a late bloomer is all. That said, if Sergio can't get himself in top form Cotto takes it. Anything less than the Murray performance is unacceptable.

Comment

Working...
            X