Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delvin Rodriguez: "Cotto beats Martinez, definitely."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why people are saying Sergio is slick is beyond me... The guy gets hit WAY too much to be called slick, he fights like Roy Jones but not nearly as well. He counters well when he slips his punches while his hands are down but once the reactions go that style is terrible. Murray hardly threw any punches from what I remeber and Sergio was gassed, it was the same thing with Chavez. Neither of them have great stamina but Cotto is the better overall fighter, it's a close fight but I'd take Cotto. His jab is the main reason, fighting with your hands down against a powerful jab like Cotto's is just asking for trouble.

Comment

I think Sergio is ripe for the picking and i can't think of a guy who deserves that win more than Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
        I think Sergio is ripe for the picking and i can't think of a guy who deserves that win more than Cotto.
        Maybe. Two of the most respected fighters in the sport, and both within a few fights of retirement. I woulda said Maravilla without a thought even at the start of 2012, but after how he looked against Murray I ain't at all sure.

If Cotto does want to get his 4th divisional title then this is his best shot; against a faded Maravilla who probably won't actually be fighting much bigger than he is.

Still, I guess it's a matter of waiting to see what Sergios got left, if he's still got 90% of his speed and mobility, Cotto could find himself in deep water. This fight will be decided by Sergios speed and mobility - by his ability to keep the fight at range. If Cotto can cut down the ring and make it a knife fight I think the fight is his.

Comment

Delvin Rodriguez is definetly well kno now after the cotto fight lmfao....either qs the fighter who relaunched cottos carreer or " who the f is delvin rodriguez"

Comment

no doubt ...cotto was a better fighter than sergio p4p anyways ...

Comment

Martinez looks beatable enough to make this a viable fight. My Money would still be on Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                He is very ripe. And after Cotto's win last week I want to see this fight.

Comment

Martinez will hurt Cotto and force him to take several knees before the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    Why people are saying Sergio is slick is beyond me... The guy gets hit WAY too much to be called slick, he fights like Roy Jones but not nearly as well. He counters well when he slips his punches while his hands are down but once the reactions go that style is terrible. Murray hardly threw any punches from what I remeber and Sergio was gassed, it was the same thing with Chavez. Neither of them have great stamina but Cotto is the better overall fighter, it's a close fight but I'd take Cotto. His jab is the main reason, fighting with your hands down against a powerful jab like Cotto's is just asking for trouble.
                    Yeah , he gassed in like the 12th round after putting a beating on Chavez for 11 rounds... Give him some slack. Cotto is never gonna beat Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
                      Yeah , he gassed in like the 12th round after putting a beating on Chavez for 11 rounds... Give him some slack. Cotto is never gonna beat Martinez.
                      lol and Murray said himself he was hurt in the 12th, how does Martinez gas...?

Comment

Working...
                      X