No announcement yet.

Bradley Damaged from Prov War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    You guys counted Cotto out also after the beating that he took. I'm not beat. Bradley says that he is ok. I believe him.
    Cotto took some soft touches after each of those beatings. He fought Jennings after Margarito and Foreman after Manny. Neither of those guys are JMM. Not to mention Cotto didn't look good against Clottey before he fought Manny and didn't really look to great against Foreman. It took time for Cotto to rebuild.

Comment

He just got back from Desert Storm.

Duuuh!!

Comment

He did take some heavy shots in that fight and I'm assuming he'll be taking a lot more against Marquez...so I would think too his career span won't be too long after this...

But then again there's guys like Holyfield who have been in wars and still did big things afterwards...

Comment

That was not the kind of beating that fighters lose something. You can come back from a concussion.
          >__>...What? bradley had to watch the fight to even see what happened lol. Dude said he had headaches and couldnt speak for months!

Oh and to the other poster I dont think the Vernon Forrest -Shane fight applies (imo). He didnt look the same because he went through quite the gauntlet and moved up to 154! His next opponents were something like Oscar, Vargas x 2 and Winky wright x 2, And I think Luis Collazo when he moved down. You could argue (some feel he edged Cotto and he was past prime at this point) wonevery fight once back down to welter up until after he fought Marg.

Point being, after Forrest it was about (Id have to boxrec it excuse me if Im wrong) 5 or 6 years before he was back where he was supposed to be at Welter...but that kind of time put him out of his prime. Forrest just had his number and he foolishly moved up after.

Comment

That was not the kind of beating that fighters lose something. You can come back from a concussion.
            ROFL

"He was concussed early and was out on his feet several more times in the fight. Now, you're telling me that's something to be concerned about?"

Comment

You are the most annoying person I have ever come across on any internet forum

Your whole point of existence is to pedantically disagreeing with everything

Is there any oppinion in the whole world that you agree with ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                Cotto took some soft touches after each of those beatings. He fought Jennings after Margarito and Foreman after Manny. Neither of those guys are JMM. Not to mention Cotto didn't look good against Clottey before he fought Manny and didn't really look to great against Foreman. It took time for Cotto to rebuild.
                You are missing the point, Bradley DID suffer brian damage as the doctor?s report showed.

He even mentioned it month after the fight in interviews

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  You are the most annoying person I have ever come across on any internet forum

Your whole point of existence is to pedantically disagreeing with everything

Is there any oppinion in the whole world that you agree with ?

He's getting there for me too. What an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                    You are missing the point, Bradley DID suffer brian damage as the doctor?s report showed.

He even mentioned it month after the fight in interviews
                    I never disputed that. The post I was responding too said people wrote Cotto off after the beatings he took. I was trying to point out the differences Cotto and Bradley. Cotto took more punishment IMO. But Bradley is going into a much tougher fight right off the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      I said after that fight, that the fight he had with Prov will have a forever effect on him. It was way too prolonged. He might have a couple more fights in him, but he will never be quite the same.
                      Bradley didn't take the type of beating where he will never recover.

Comment

Working...
                      X