No announcement yet.

I cant remember a bigger hype drop than lucas mattyhysee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    While Lucas isn't a hype job per se, he was completely over hyped. There's simply no denying that. People crowned him the best jww without him fighting danny, claimed danny was scared of him, some even thought he was legit p4p and favored him over Floyd. This site was crazy on Lucas juice. Now everykne wants to act like it didn't happen. Bahahahaha
    Another good post..

Comment

• Not quite as big as when Quintana beat Paul Williams.

Comment

• I always said Matthysse was a tough guy but just always felt Garcia was better. Nothing wrong with that or vice versa but Matthysse hard fans were going to the moon with their predictions and opinions. Just because the guy could punch they felt he was unstoppable not taking into account that Judah and Alexander didn't get KO'd by Matthysse. Garcia was getting highly underrated on here leading up to their fight.

Comment

• I can. Jeff lacy

edwin valero...well because he died

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            What caused it?

You can see in the video it's a punch if you slow it down and pause it when it's landing it might not look hard but it's clear to see t wasn't a thumb and was a punch.
            It looked like a barely grazing right hand, not very hard at all. One that normally would do nothing, but clearly did something this time. Not the "huge left hook because Matthysse has no defense" that Garcia fans shouted about after the fight.

It's boxing, it happens all the time and it is no excuse. I expressed my disappointment in Matthysse for going into such a shell after his eye closed after the fight. I highly doubt that is what cracked his orbital bone, that likely happened afterwards when Lucas couldn't see and started getting hit by the left hand. Lucas lost the fight in the 3 rounds where and after his eye closed. That is his fault and to Danny's credit for taking advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by dynomyte1444 View Post
              I can. Jeff lacy

edwin valero...well because he died
              I don't if Lacy or Valero ever reached Matt's heights tbh..I mean I seen Matt's vs SRL and SRR threads..Saying the guy was the man to beat Mayweather etc etc..I don't remember hearing that Lacy would beat Ali or that Valero would beat Pac or Mayweather..I could be wrong but I don't remember threads like that..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                I don't if Lacy or Valero ever reached Matt's heights tbh..I mean I seen Matt's vs SRL and SRR threads..Saying the guy was the man to beat Mayweather etc etc..I don't remember hearing that Lacy would beat Ali or that Valero would beat Pac or Mayweather..I could be wrong but I don't remember threads like that..
                I don't remember any Matthysse vs. Leonard or Robinson threads, and I definitely remember the hype about Jeff Lacy killing Joe Calzaghe and being the 168 Mike Tyson/Joe Frazier uber mixture. And there was always talk, and still is, that Valero was going to destroy Pacquiao and Mayweather once he reached 140/147.

I remember the few who said Matthysse could beat Mayweather, as well, don't get me wrong. Thankfully common sense prevailed in those threads, where I don't think common sense ever prevailed with Lacy and Valero.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  While Lucas isn't a hype job per se, he was completely over hyped. There's simply no denying that. People crowned him the best jww without him fighting danny, claimed danny was scared of him, some even thought he was legit p4p and favored him over Floyd. This site was crazy on Lucas juice. Now everykne wants to act like it didn't happen. Bahahahaha
                  I agree. Matthysse is good, but some people were totally blowing his qualities out of proportion. At the same time, they were completely underestimating Garcia's abilities. Speaking for myself, I'd say I fell into the latter camp. While I didn't buy into the Lucas hype, I somewhat underestimated Danny. I've had some things to say about the fight, and I stand by them, but the bottom line is that Garcia beat a quality opponent. I was impressed with that. I don't think it's correct to claim now that Matthysse wasn't that good; Danny was just better. All that said, I'd love to see a rematch. I believe these two can put on another good show, maybe even a trilogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    It looked like a barely grazing right hand, not very hard at all. One that normally would do nothing, but clearly did something this time. Not the "huge left hook because Matthysse has no defense" that Garcia fans shouted about after the fight.

It's boxing, it happens all the time and it is no excuse. I expressed my disappointment in Matthysse for going into such a shell after his eye closed after the fight. I highly doubt that is what cracked his orbital bone, that likely happened afterwards when Lucas couldn't see and started getting hit by the left hand. Lucas lost the fight in the 3 rounds where and after his eye closed. That is his fault and to Danny's credit for taking advantage.
                    That swelling was a real freak thing. I couldn't understand where it came from. Sure, Matthysse took some punches, but the swelling seemed to come out of nowhere. One moment, nothing; the next, poof! It was just odd. That video clip someone posted explains a lot.

I don't think Lucas went into a shell. I thought he did what he could. Garcia's tough enough to fight with two eyes, let alone one. I do agree that Danny deserves credit for pouncing on the swelling. He started to land that hook with greater frequency after the eye puffed-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Yes like the poster below you said. Bojangles I think.

Jeff lacy was the mike tyson of the division and was unstoppable, he would the first to beat calzaghe. He got turned into mince meat by Joe.

This one was more of a joke because he died. Edwin was 29-0 with 29 ko's. They were leaning towards him and Pac for a showdown. Honestly Edwin was tight jus mentally not there

Comment

Working...
                      X