No announcement yet.

We will not showcase Rigo but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP
    Fair point. Rigo disposes of that caliber of opposition.

Rico Ramos is way better than Klimov and Rigo finished. Teon Kennedy is probably on a similar level and was finished.
    Exactly.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Crawford tried to up his work rate and aggression after the 5th or 6th round once he realized the Russian wasn't even trying to win. Which was way too late to make the fight entertaining viewing. Having said that the Russian was a spoiler with a hard-to-watch style. As lederman said, what's the point of all that head movement if ur not throwing punches?

Comment

Last night reminded me of when Max was trying to sell us on Devon Alexander being the future of boxing lol....I think Crawford is a solid fighter but in order to be in fan friendly fights he needs to be matched right.

Comment

Go away you buffoon you've embarrassed yourself enough....btw how much did you lose on Matthysse?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            They showed Wlad before the Crawford fight. Shame, the Velez-Nguyen fight was fun to watch. People missed out.

There is no excuse for Crawford not engaging Klimov. None. The few times he did he was having no trouble.
            True this. ^ . I was expecting the Crawford win, but his failure to engage a guy who was basically throwing nothing back was poor.

He showed in the last few seconds of the final round that he coulda put Klimov away long before if he'd just tried. It just seemed like he was unwilling to take any risks. I get that it's hard to counter-punch when nothing's coming your way, but if he's got the skills to switch orthodox to southpaw, how come he can't switch from counter-puncher to aggressor?

Comment

didn't hbo pick up a December date for rigo? as for Crawford, these are showcase fights man. ur supposed to finish guys like that, no matter how defensive u are. rigo would've, floyd would've, Broner would've. Take a page from cotto last night, nothing wrong with pressing harder when the other guy doesn't want to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123
                Last night reminded me of when Max was trying to sell us on Devon Alexander being the future of boxing lol....I think Crawford is a solid fighter but in order to be in fan friendly fights he needs to be matched right.
                Nah bro. Crawford doesn't need to be matched right. Go back to his old fights and you can see hes a banger too. It's the reason why I picked against him vs Prescott. But he showed me he could box too and proved me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by HBOFanboy View Post
                  If Crawford is what you say he should blow ESPN level guy's out the ring.
                  Again, how is it Crawford's fault his opponent didn't want to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    His trainer said Crawford was the one fighting like a coward not Klimov.

"He's fighting like a coward! He's doing nothing to you!"

Listen, if he had fought this way against a hard hitting veteran like Prescott or vs a top 10 guy I wouldn't have a problem. But he was fighting some dude who was way overmatched. If you have KO power why not showcase it when you can?

It's hard to display that KO power when the opponent doesn't want to fight. I don't see how you **** on Crawford's performance when he was trying to engage, meanwhile you let buddy off the hook for trying to avoid fighting. Klimov threw 200 punches..... and you're okay with that, but complain about Crawford who was letting his hands go and was willing to trade.

Comment

• I don't get why they don't just use Rigondeaux as a co feature.

Comment

Working...
                      X