No announcement yet.

Front Runner for Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that what i've heard.
    Strange lastnight how the guys on the TV and Boxing writers on Twitter seemed to be seeing past the Bellew fight and talking up a Stevenson Vs Kovalev fight next. As, a deal for Bellew was already in place a while back to fight lastnights winner.

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
      I know that lower weight classes are ignored, but i'd put Gallo Estrada in there. Beat tough veteran p4p Brian Viloria in April, beat undefeated Melindo in July, and another defense in December probably.

**** it, who am I kidding, Floyd will win it for sure.
      Great call. I forgot all about my boy Estrada. He's had an excellent year.

Comment

I honestly think it should be Edgar Sosa pending a December win

Comment

Donaire better than everyone's opponent's on the list combined so it's RIGO 4 me

Comment

Has to be swift....he beat Matthysse to make him the kingpin of 140....jelly haters on't wanna give him it though...he beat the Matthysse groupies superhero.

Comment

Swift beat up the dude on the cover of Ring ****zine.....plus he solidified his place on the throne defying the odds

Angel should get Trainer Of The Year.....not only did he guide his son to the top....he help bring a decade of mileage up outta Zab....he made the OPPONENT come in the best shape he's been in over a decade.....last time Zab was that ready to rumble, George Bush Jr was in the big building running ****

Comment

I always say these polls need to be set to PUBLIC, so we can laugh at all the fanboys picking Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  I always say these polls need to be set to PUBLIC, so we can laugh at all the fanboys picking Floyd.
                  Why should people be laughed at for a reasonable opinion?

Anyway my pick would go to Rigondeaux, you don't often see a legitimate world class fighter get completely schooled, feel that inactivity hurts his case however I'm willing to sympathise with him because the issue is outside of his control.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    Donaire better than everyone's opponent's on the list combined so it's RIGO 4 me
                    Using your logic JMM should've been the 2012 FOTY then.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      It's still Rigo easily IMO.
                      maybe if he had another fight vs a good opponent. he only has had 1 fight this year but it was the best win of anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X