No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Canelo PPV Buys Projected at 2.2 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    Damn...Just imagine what Manny vs Canelo will do. Canelo obviously has a tremendous fan base. Manny has a tremendous fan base. With them two colliding...would be huge. AND it would be a better fight. Not a snooze fest.
    Pac would NEVER FIGHT CANELO and you know it. He refused to fight the boxing rabbi, roach wanted him to do it but pac refused saying "he is too big" plus canelo would ko pac inside of 2 rounds. His defense is just too poor canelo would be able to hit him at will.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      I told you guys from the start Canelo was the A side. He can draw 40k butts on seats per fight. He's the reason Showtime boxing is successful. He's the reason this PPV was successful.
      U need 2 stars and 2 attractions to do numbers like that - the fact that 2million buys has only been reached twice and mayweather was involved both times should tell u he had something to do with the numbers. Also canelo 40k gate only did a million on the gate and some of the tickets was only 10dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        lol,floyd fans getting all upset at the truth,,my point is Floyd always takes credit for the ppv numbers when in reality it has to do with the opponent too,,,Oscar was a huge star,canelo just starting out but has a big following,you act like it's all Floyd,hatton had a big following too,my problem with Floyd and his dumb fans are they really believe it's all Floyd,lol,how dumb can you be?
        Floyd doesn't take full credit. After every fight, he acknowledges Golden BOY, his promotional company, his opponent and whom ever else is involved in the fight. He says this all the time on tour also.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Damn...Just imagine what Manny vs Canelo will do. Canelo obviously has a tremendous fan base. Manny has a tremendous fan base. With them two colliding...would be huge. AND it would be a better fight. Not a snooze fest.
          Let me guess, Manny would ask for a catchweight at 150.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
            Floyd doesn't take full credit. After every fight, he acknowledges Golden BOY, his promotional company, his opponent and whom ever else is involved in the fight. He says this all the time on tour also.
            This he does. Floyd saying he did 2.2 mil PPV? That's a marketing gimmick. Nobody believes he did 2.2 by himself, he knows this same with everyone else. Its just that some people fall head over heels trying to discredit the guy they make fools of themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
              U need 2 stars and 2 attractions to do numbers like that - the fact that 2million buys has only been reached twice and mayweather was involved both times should tell u he had something to do with the numbers. Also canelo 40k gate only did a million on the gate and some of the tickets was only 10dollars.
              gets ur facts str8 .Canelo did close to 3 million gate puto

Comment

• Floyd gets all the credit is a star .....

Comment

• Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
                  Off topic but your boy wilder was much more hurt in sparring compared to the gif in your signature. Haye wasn't even rocked. wilder had Judah legs.

Was barely even mildly buzzed. That's a diamond like chin on that yung fella! A similar shot dropped a supposedly iron chinned Chisora.

According to a 3rd party eye-witness of the FULL sparring session (not just viewed a frickin 4 second promotional montage ). Wilder battered Haye during their session and had him out on his feet, as my sig so clearly shows.

Originally posted by Counter Troll View Post
                  Deontay Wilder really giving it to David Haye in sparring action

By Scott Gilfoid: In just watching a little bit of sparring action between unbeaten 6’7″ heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder (29-0, 29 KO’s) and David Haye (26-2, 24 KO’s) in training camp, you could see that Haye was really taking some vicious head shots from Deontay in training footage from Hayemaker.com. Haye did not look good in getting nailed by Deontay. Haye and Deontay weren’t playing around at all, because both guys were swinging for the fences. It’s a good thing that Haye was wearing head gear and Wilder extra large gloves because I don’t think that Haye would last long with Deontay nailing him the big right hands that he was hitting him with. I hate to say it but Haye’s sparring sessions with Wilder will likely be much better than the actual Haye vs Tyson Fury fight on September 28th because Fury doesn’t Deontay’s speed, power or athleticism. The two are world’s apart in the power department. I’d like to see Haye fight Deontay in the ring because this sparring looked pretty interesting. Haye was landing some big shots of his own, but Deontay was able to cover up after getting hit clean by some big right hands. Once Wilder was covered up, he came storming back and nailed Haye with some shots that are far better than the big bombs that Wladimir Klitschko was landing on Haye. I mean, there’s no comparison really. Wladimir fought like he was afraid to let his hands go against Haye for fear of being countered by him, but Deontay had no fears whatsoever in throwing his biggest bombs. Deontay looked really quick because I’m not used to seeing Haye get hit so cleanly. Deontay was like a cobra in landing his big right hands. Haye was too slow to react and he kept getting nailed once the first big shot from Deontay hit him. I have no doubts that if this was an actual fight, Deontay would knock Haye out in the 1st round. He’s just too powerful for him. Haye is getting the best sparring that money can buy for this training camp. He’s got Deontay, Mariusz Wach and Alexander Dimentrenko. Heck, all three of them would beat Tyson Fury without any problems.

http://goo.gl/ihanJg

Comment

• Before Canelo fought Floyd, which one of Canelo's fights sold over million ppv's?

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                      Berto-karass also had 10 dollar tickets yet couldint sell out
                      att center even with a strong card.

Comment

Working...
                      X