Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Jones wants to fight Wlad or Vitali.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sick of seeing 40+ year old, overweight, washed up boxers being used as "proof" by MMA fans that boxers can't make it in MMA. Jon Jones is a current MMA champ in his prime, so the Klitschko's should jump at the chance to legally murder his ass and silence the Man on Man Action fans.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      lol so boxing fans think this fight against Gus in any way correlates to a Klitschko matchup?
      but yeah jones wouldn't stand a chance.
      Considering Gus was an amateur boxing champ I'd say it has some bearing on how he'd do as a boxer.

Comment

Jones would get killed. He wouldn't be able to use wrestling, kicks or elbows if he boxed the Klit bros. He pretty much got outboxed by Gustafasson (who was a pretty good amateur)

Comment

There is a good reason this wouldn't be allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Alex wasn't robbed. It was a very close fight that could've gone either way. I gave Jones 3 rounds and Alex 2. A rematch should be made.

Jones should forget about boxing though. A journeyman would beat Jones in a boxing match.
            Like I said I haven't seen it. Ill watch it in a few days or so.

Jones is awesome at the sport he does,but in boxing I would favor way smaller guys to beat him,like GGG,Ward,Froch.

Jones just isn't a very good boxer.

Comment

One thing is that he wants to fight the best, fair enough. But I couldn't for the life of me imagine the K bros entertaining the idea of such a sideshow. He would have to build himself up before that would happen, they have too much respect for the sport to fight a novice, which jones would be.

Comment

Being a fan of both MMA and Boxing I will tell you Jones has no business stepping into the ring with any professional boxer. At the same time I will tell you this there isnt a single boxer who better step into the Octagon with John Jones either.

I dont care who the boxer is, you step 1 foot in that cage with an elite MMA fighter and you will go home via Ambulance if that MMA fighter chooses to send you there.

The Boxing world should be thanking Randy Couture for not punishing James Toney! And James should be thanking him as well. If anybody in the MMA game has a snow balls chance in hell in the ring with a top 10 heavy weight in Boxing it is Jr Dos Satos. But not John Jones.

On a different note, I was a boxing fan loooong before I was a MMA fan............however over the years as the level of good fighters decline and the BS that takes place outside of the ring MMA has become more and more of my first sporting love. Just remember boys, boxing is boxing and MMA is MMA and the badest men on the planet fight in a cage and not in a ring.

There is 1 spot in this world a boxer is superior and that is in the ring, the rest of the world no mater where it is at, on the street, in the back of a truck, on a mountain or in the woods a MMA fighter DESTROYS a boxer.

Comment

Jones will last half a round with Wlad! He got schooled last night. The only MMA fighter I see having a chance of lasting a few rounds with their counterpart is Frankie Edgar. That kid has some game standing! Good movement and angles, great combinations and a huge heart!

Comment

Jones needs corrupted judges to win even in his own sport, in boxing he would be killed in 1 round even by light HW top 50 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ripitron View Post
                      on a different note, i was a boxing fan loooong before i was a mma fan............however over the years as the level of good fighters decline and the bs that takes place outside of the ring mma has become more and more of my first sporting love. Just remember boys, boxing is boxing and mma is mma and the badest men on the planet fight in a cage and not in a ring.

There is 1 spot in this world a boxer is superior and that is in the ring, the rest of the world no mater where it is at, on the street, in the back of a truck, on a mountain or in the woods a mma fighter destroys a boxer.
                      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MMA ain't superior to **** outside the cage either. It's a sport just like boxing, stop living in fantasyland.

Gus managed to out wrestle the 'greatest fighter in MMA history yada yada yada'. Talent pool is still paper thin.
                      Last edited by RSBonos; 09-22-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X