Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time 2 undefeated Ring Champions fought to unify a division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    Ring belt means fuck all nowadays
    no need to make the fight into something it's not Larryx
    past it but still good ATG whipping a decent, prime, younger fighter
    Floyd becomes #1 at JMW win this win, but not lineal champ
    he has more work to do to unify the division
    and that's very likely not happening
    Well lets keep it simple then , when did 2 undefeated top P4P multi World Champs from different divisions fight a unification bout , with a combined 80 plus wins going in ?

You say don't make it out to be whats it not , then what is so common about it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Well lets keep it simple then , when did 2 undefeated top P4P multi World Champs from different divisions fight a unification bout , with a combined 80 plus wins going in ?

You say don't make it out to be whats it not , then what is so common about it ?
      a guy with a belt fighting another guy with a belt at the next weight?
      that isn't uncommon, it's completely normal
      this fight is for the #1 spot at JMW
      it's not to truly unify the division as Larryx described

Comment

This bum ass thread backfired on Larry "Hurr official rankings"
        just like Gatti was the #1 at JWW right Larry? while Tszyu and Hatton were still around

I love how he throws pointless stats and rankings around like they actually mean something.

"Money's The Ring Champ at WW though" - Because he beat a LW Guerrero while Pacquiao, Bradley, Alexander and Marquez were still at WW.

Fraudulent belts for a Fraudulent champion
        Last edited by LeG00N; 09-12-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          This bum ass thread backfired on Larry "Hurr official rankings"
          just like Gatti was the #1 at JWW right Larry? while Tszyu and Hatton were still around

I love how he throws pointless stats and rankings around like they actually mean something.
          welcome back man

Comment

a guy with a belt fighting another guy with a belt at the next weight?
            that isn't uncommon, it's completely normal
            this fight is for the #1 spot at JMW
            it's not to truly unify the division as Larryx described
            A guy fighting another guy , I think I got your drift Jackie its like saying Elvis was just another busker on a street corner , you people crack me up with your sour grape idiocy LOL .

Comment

A guy fighting another guy , I think I got your drift Jackie its like saying Elvis was just another busker on a street corner , you people crack me up with your sour grape idiocy LOL .
              ok Rod, in plain English:

Floyd-Alvarez is 2 titlists unifying alphabet belts; it is not to unify the division, ie winner is undisputed, undeniably the JMW world champion

do you get it now?

Comment

ok Rod, in plain English:

Floyd-Alvarez is 2 titlists unifying alphabet belts; it is not to unify the division, ie winner is undisputed, undeniably the JMW world champion

do you get it now?
                The magnitude of the fight is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than that , if you want to stack up a technical brief of what is unique about this fight the roll call of wins , well I reckon it would be a hell of a set to match another fight with , can you match another fight to this Jackie , lots of fights to chose from surely you can name one .

But the world knows all of this and the numbers will show that .

do you get it now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                  Canelo and Floyd-Undefeated Ring champ at 147 vs Canelo undefeated Ring champ at 154..both also WBC champs at 147 and 154 and also Both are champs at 154 and unifying and both top 10 p4p..when was the last time we got a fight like this???this is INSANE!!!!!!
                  LOL @ 154. Sucks we're not getting that 154 fight eh?

Comment

The magnitude of the fight is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than that , if you want to stack up a technical brief of what is unique about this fight the roll call of wins , well I reckon it would be a hell of a set to match another fight with , can you match another fight to this Jackie , lots of fights to chose from surely you can name one .

But the world knows all of this and the numbers will show that .

do you get it now ?
                    you're talking about the event, not the fight
                    2 stars together are gonna draw big money, that's not what's important
                    Floyd moved up to fight Castillo when he was champ at 130
                    Floyd moved up to fight Oscar when he was champ at 147
                    he's done it before, and so have plenty of other fighters
                    the event might set historic #s, the fight itself isn't historic at all

Comment

you're talking about the event, not the fight
                      2 stars together are gonna draw big money, that's not what's important
                      Floyd moved up to fight Castillo when he was champ at 130
                      Floyd moved up to fight Oscar when he was champ at 147
                      he's done it before, and so have plenty of other fighters
                      the event might set historic #s, the fight itself isn't historic at all
                      Im talking the whole enchilada , the event , the records , the weights , the who they are , the status they are now in boxing , the ratings and the significance .

This the biggest fight in boxing , except it because the rest of the world has .

Comment

Working...
                      X