Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time 2 undefeated Ring Champions fought to unify a division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time 2 undefeated Ring Champions fought to unify a division?

Canelo and Floyd-Undefeated Ring champ at 147 vs Canelo undefeated Ring champ at 154..both also WBC champs at 147 and 154 and also Both are champs at 154 and unifying and both top 10 p4p..when was the last time we got a fight like this???this is INSANE!!!!!!

when was the last time a 2x champion at a division asked a fellow division titlist to fight at a catchweight in the same division they hold a belt in?

THAT'S INSANE!!!!!

Comment

Canelo is not top 10 P4P and I find laughable how he got the Ring belt by just beating Trout.

Comment

Canelo beat Trout to become a Ring Champion...

Fraud beat a blown up Lightweight in Guerrero when Pacquiao, Marquez and Bradley were in the same division.

Fraud's "Ring championship" @ 147 is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          Canelo is not top 10 P4P and I find laughable how he got the Ring belt by just beating Trout.
          I think you could make an argument that Canelo is the best fighter 154-160 lb. I'm not making that argument but I wouldn't object terribly to people thinking he's #10 p4p or anything.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

Fraud beat a blown up Lightweight in Guerrero when Pacquiao, Marquez and Bradley were in the same division.

I didn't even know the Ring welterweight title was on the line for that one. Guerrero was hardly the #3 let alone #2 ranked welterewight; I'd put Marquez, Bradley, Pacquiao ahead of him in about that order.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Trout was #3 and Canelo was #2..and the Ring has Canelo at #9

Floyd already dominated Marquez and Manny was on a 2 fight lossing streak when Floyd fought Guerrero..Berto had lost Shane hasnt done anything..who should have been ranked #2 over Guerrero?

Comment

If we go by Golden Boy standards, OMG yes Floyd Canelo both p4p no.10, both lineal champions in their divisions!!

It's not the same in reality though....

They both hold belts at 154, great. Shame about the catchweight. I guess a lineage will be formed in a really scattered division. It's a good fight, but you made it sound out to be some sort of super fight.

Comment

both of their ring belts are pretty meh....ring mag is blatantly all politics now...they don't even try to hide it..

Comment

I'd probably place Guerrero around 6th or 7th place at WW, but apparently if you beat him you're the Ring Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                    Trout was #3 and Canelo was #2..and the Ring has Canelo at #9

Floyd already dominated Marquez and Manny was on a 2 fight lossing streak when Floyd fought Guerrero..Berto had lost Shane hasnt done anything..who should have been ranked #2 over Guerrero?
                    Tim Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                    X