Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time 2 undefeated Ring Champions fought to unify a division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
    Then by this logic Manny should have been rated ahead of Guerrero, and Marquez even higher than Manny for beating him... unless you're trying to say that The Ring shouldn't be ranking Top Rank fighters anymore? Do wins not count if they're under Top Rank?
    well bradley sure as hell doesn't belong as #2 at ww like you said....he got a gift against pac (everyone saw this including ring magazine), and he got his big head knocked around for 12 roudns by a guy ranked #10 at jr ww by ring....doesn't really scream #2 ww....

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Thing is though, it doesn't matter what promoter a fighter has. He's either ranked higher, or he's not. You don't award belts just because fights are clouded with politics. You don't award the belt at all till the fight gets made...

Using your logic, Pac would be rated way higher than Bradley at the time.

EDIT: I see Ninth Layer is practically arguing everything I am.

Bit of my own contribution - the RING effectively allows for rank 4 and rank 5 to fight for a RING belt. Their policy also allows them to ignore any fighter they want from their ratings, like Peterson (even though I hate this guy for his PED use) and Huck. If that sounds legitimate to you, then gl.
      Wrong. #1 or #2 has to be involved in the fight. So #2 vs #5 is the lowest ranking fight that can have it up for grabs.

Comment

fellas i am not gonna argue your own personal ranking systems..going by what we have gone by for years..Ring magazine the Bible of boxing rankings and wanna know when was the last time we got this to happen??2 undefeated Ring champs for 2 different divisions at the same time unifying a division?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Wrong. #1 or #2 has to be involved in the fight. So #2 vs #5 is the lowest ranking fight that can have it up for grabs.
          Exactly.... not sure how i'm wrong. I could just about accept 1 vs 3 given the lineal title is there specifically for 1 and 2, but allowing ranks 4 and 5 to fight for the belt is a terrible, terrible policy

Comment

Yall are in here arguing about the rankings now,thats why we go by 1 official ranking system or else there would be no official ranking system

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              well bradley sure as hell doesn't belong as #2 at ww like you said....he got a gift against pac (everyone saw this including ring magazine), and he got his big head knocked around for 12 roudns by a guy ranked #10 at jr ww by ring....doesn't really scream #2 ww....
              Okay. But the discussion is about Guerrero. Would you really rank Robert Guerrero higher than any two of Manny Pacquaio, Juan Manuel Marquez and Tim Bradley just because he beat Andre Berto?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                hes going to say he was with TOP RANK... they're always an excuse for Floyd not fighting someone.
                Let's be real-does anyone honestly think Bradley is a threat to Mayweather???? This is a ****ing joke-lmao! Bradley is a solid fighter,but I don't hear anyone saying Floyd is scared of this bulldog with zilch punching power! The rounds I gave Bradley against Pac were the ones where he outboxed Manny....no way in hell can Bradley outbox Floyd...not a shot imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Wrong, they simply can "chose not to fight each other"

Whatever that means or who determines that i dont know. Also not sure how that makes #3,4,5 any more credible

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                    Yall are in here arguing about the rankings now,thats why we go by 1 official ranking system or else there would be no official ranking system
                    There isn't an official ranking system though. The RING was there, for a long time actually, to give out a prestigious belt to those fighters who are clearly head and shoulders above their division. It wasn't official by any margin, but it became quite popular

Since the 2012 ratings policy, and before then, the acquisition of RING magazine by Golden Boy, the belts they hand out are no longer prestigious automatically, and thus you really have to weed out the specifics of the fight to see if its paper or not - just another sanctioning body belt now.

To see it, Khan vs Garcia would not have been for the RING belt before the new policy. The RING belt would be vacant for Matthyse/Garcia. Lineage and RING have been split too much....

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
                      Okay. But the discussion is about Guerrero. Would you really rank Robert Guerrero higher than any two of Manny Pacquaio, Juan Manuel Marquez and Tim Bradley just because he beat Andre Berto?
                      Marquez and Bradley have only fought at WW maybe 2 times...Robert has at least been there 3 times. Guerrero's fights amount to more...sure he lost to Floyd, but technically, Bradley should have the loss to Pac. If those are out of the equation, then at least Robert beat Berto and Aydin...Bradley beat Abregu and now a Provodnikov who a lot of people thought Bradley lost and was even a division out of...you can make a good arguement for Robert being ranked higher than Bradley.

Hell,we will see who is ranked where once Bradley fights Marquez...we all know the outcome of Mayweather/Marquez-no need to see a rematch while JMM is getting older and slower.

Comment

Working...
                      X