Comments Thread For: Mayweather: We’ll See How Canelo Handles Stage this Big

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
    I'd say the Trout fight was on a similar level of importance
    I think the trout fight was the biggest fight of canelo's career up and til this point,,

But this is the biggest fight of the past few years,,, It is on a totally different level than the canelo-trout fight..

Saying that, i dont think canelo will buckle or freeze up under pressure,, He will come to fight, and if he gets beat it will be because floyd is better, not because canelo froze up

Comment

The different emotional phases of a typical Floyd hater (Closet Mayweather fan)

After Floyd beats Guerrero: "He can't beat Canelo."

"Floyd is ducking Canelo Ha Ha !!!"

Reports surface that Floyd is considering
      Devon Alexander as his next opponnent.

"Devon sucks! Why doesn't he fight Canelo? He's scared?? Floyd is shook by the ginger."

Floyd signs to fight Canelo and both agree on a catchweight.

"At 152 Canelo's gonna be drained! OMG!!!"

They later learn Canelo weighed-in at 1 and a half pounds more for Trout."

"Why does't he fight Pacquiao then?"

"Canelo aint got the skills to beat Floyd. "He doesn't have the experience. He's too young!"

After watching them face off at the promo tours: "Oh snap! Floyd looks shook! He wears shades 'cause he's shook!"

"Canelo's gonna destroy Floyd."

"Cant wait! I hope the ginger puts Floyd on his ass."

"It's Canelo by KO!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        SMH, people just jumping on the bandwagon man, they are gonna be in shock Saturday night, simple and plain.
        Nobody is jumping on the bandwagon,, i could care less who wins, i just want to see a good fight,,,,

i was making the point that canelo has not impressed me as the "next big thing"

He is a good fighter, but he isnt anywhere a blue chip prospect like oscar, roy,floyd, vargas,,,,,

Those guys murdered people when they were coming up,,

oscar destroyed genaro, leija, ruelas, chavez,- yes they may have been undersized but so has canelo's opponents outside of trout,

The point i was making is that people act like canelo is this monster puncher, yet he couldnt destroy undersized guys like shane, rhodes, hatton, etc,,,

a fernando vargas that was coming up in the late 90s, roughly the same age and size as canelo would have destroyed hatton and rhodes.....

So to think that canelo is going to ko floyd, i just dont see it,, dude struggled at putting away rhodes, hatton, trout, shane, yet he is going to stop the best fighter and defender in the last 20 years,,, anything can happen, i just dont see floyd getting stopped as a likely scenario,,

i can see canelo bullying him and outworking him- much like cotto and oscar and jlc did, and canelo winning a decision,,, that is much more likely than canelo stopping floyd,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Dude are you serious,,, do you think thats what i meant,,,, no wonder your in the red,,,

Im talking about the next big thing, when potential superstars are coming up beating down guys left and right,,

Vargas had beaten down a prime yory boy, and ike, and went to war with a prime tito,,,
          That vargas would have destroyed hatton, gomez, shane, trout, rhodes....

Why are you using the shot to pieces version of vargas,, was vargas on his way up at the time,, was he a hot prospect and considered the next big thing when he fought mosely,,, I wish you could read better and understand the context of the discussion before you post, it would allow you to not sound so silly

Vargas >>>>> canelo at this stage of career,,,
          Shane wasn't exactly prime when Vargas fought him either. I think Vargas beats Hatton, Gomez and Rhodes but not Trout and obviously not Shane. Canelo is a better, more disciplined fighter than Vargas imo.

Comment

Kid wont get no stage fright out of this. Its gonna fuel his drive even more. heheheeee....keep thinking this kids heart pumps kool-aid. Hes gonna fuk Floyd up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
              Shane wasn't exactly prime when Vargas fought him either. I think Vargas beats Hatton, Gomez and Rhodes but not Trout and obviously not Shane. Canelo is a better, more disciplined fighter than Vargas imo.
              You need to watch vargas in the late 90s,,, he destroys everyone that canelo has fought to this point,,,,,

Tito and oscar ruined vargas,,, too much too soon for a young 20 yr old,,,,

Canelo has the good fortune of fighting mayweather who isnt a big puncher like tito or oscar,, so if canelo gets beat he wont take the beating that vargas did, and canelo wont be shot,,,,,

vargas fighting tito and oscar would be like if canelo was fighting GGG and serg right now

pre-tito, vargas was much more impressive than canelo has been

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                Whitiker would never lose to Floyd.
                They sparred when Floyd was young and everyone in the gym says Floyd got the best of Whitiker.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  You need to watch vargas in the late 90s,,, he destroys everyone that canelo has fought to this point,,,,,

Tito and oscar ruined vargas,,, too much too soon for a young 20 yr old,,,,

Canelo has the good fortune of fighting mayweather who isnt a big puncher like tito or oscar,, so if canelo gets beat he wont take the beating that vargas did, and canelo wont be shot,,,,,

vargas fighting tito and oscar would be like if canelo was fighting GGG and serg right now

pre-tito, vargas was much more impressive than canelo has been
                  I'll give you that Vargas has a better resume than Canelo. But I still think he gets outboxed by Trout and loses to any version of Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Kid wont get no stage fright out of this. Its gonna fuel his drive even more. heheheeee....keep thinking this kids heart pumps kool-aid. Hes gonna fuk Floyd up.
                    You also said the Ghost was gonna beat Floyd

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PAC-BOY
                    Guerrero will beat Floyds Ass Up! FEAR! They know He will be relentless on Floyd. Duck him Floyd Duck him!

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                      You also said the Ghost was gonna beat Floyd

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PAC-BOY
                      Guerrero will beat Floyds Ass Up! FEAR! They know He will be relentless on Floyd. Duck him Floyd Duck him!

Yes i did. And i based that on his performance against Berto. Boy was i wrong. Then later finding out that the rumor of Berto being an overrated bum was really true. I was judging by Guerrero fight. I was way off.
                      With Canelo...im going straight from Gut feeling. Size, Speed, Youth, Strength,and punching power.

Now you can take this quote and add it to your sig, stick it up your ass or what ever you wanna do with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X