Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: We’ll See How Canelo Handles Stage this Big

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: We’ll See How Canelo Handles Stage this Big

Floyd Mayweather is a 36-year-old who has been in the spotlight for years and will be headlining his 11th pay-per-view in his past 12 fights. His opponent, Canelo Alvarez, is 23 years old, and while he’s been on American pay-per-view shows before, this will be his first time in the main event — never mind one of this scale.

Mayweather, speaking to the media on a Sept. 4 conference call, was asked whether this stage was too big for Alvarez.

“We’ll just have to see. I think it’s a little different from fighting on Floyd Mayweather’s undercards to fighting Floyd Mayweather,” he responded. “I think it’s a lot of pressure, and sometimes when there’s pressure, a guy fights better, he competes better. We don’t really know. We’ll have to see how the fight plays out. “
    [Click Here To Read More]

Get as much hype out of this as possible before next Saturday.

I personally think everyone should put focus on who victim #46 will be.

Comment

I think Canelo will be able to handle the pressure with no problem. With all these media outlets giving coverage on you day in and day out you would think by the time fight night comes he'd be well adjusted by now.

Comment

Canelo has all the potential to be the next boxing superstar, that is if he beats Floyd Jr. His good looks is another factor that can make him a Movie star. Floyd jr. shouldn't underestimate Canelo because he's got power and scored more KO wins than Floyd jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
          Canelo has all the potential to be the next boxing superstar, that is if he beats Floyd Jr. His good looks is another factor that can make him a Movie star. Floyd jr. shouldn't underestimate Canelo because he's got power and scored more KO wins than Floyd jr.

He's got some pop but I think his powers a little overrated. As he's stepped up in competition he hasn't KO'd anybody. In fact a shot Mosley was able to last 12 rounds with him. Big Floyd had a point when he said Canelo gassed out against Trout without no body punching. And against Floyd he's going to to be hit cleaner and more often than he's even been hit before.

Comment

I'm going to be on edge for the first 4 rounds. Floyd is gonna get into Canelo's head and it's going to be good to see how he reacts.

Comment

that wont bother Canelo, once you in the ring, it don't matter

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                He's got some pop but I think his powers a little overrated. As he's stepped up in competition he hasn't KO'd anybody. In fact a shot Mosley was able to last 12 rounds with him. Big Floyd had a point when he said Canelo gassed out against Trout without no body punching. And against Floyd he's going to to be hit cleaner and more often than he's even been hit before.
                mosley has one of the best chins in the sport ..........

Comment

Canelo is like Jermaine Taylor in where none of the hoopla will bother him he will do what does regardless of what is being said.

Comment

Mayweather and his mind games, boy must be worried trying to put negatives in Canelos mind LMAO

OH oh sorry, I think he is more JEALOUS of Canelo's fans !!!!!

Actually the PRESSURE is on him to keep that 0 in tact

I look for JR to do something underhanded, cheap, like elbows to cut the eyes, he proved he will do a cheap shot and if he does I hope Canelo cold ****s him when he ain't looking

Comment

Working...
                    X