Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mares or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought it would be interesting to revisit now that they've both tested the waters at 126 against legit opposition, but importantly, fighters that are their size or bigger.

Comment

• Mares just on the fact that he wasn't picking on smaller men, donair destroying midgets is going to hunt him his entire career

Comment

• At the time I posted this thread it was a little closer. Mares was on fire and hadn't been KO'd by Jhonny Gonzalez yet.

He was off for almost a year after that and his career has really slowed down since then.
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 10-19-2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          At the time I posted this thread it was a little closer. Mares was on fire and hadn't been KO'd by Jhonny Gonzalez yet.

He was off for almost a year after that and his career has really slowed down since then.
          Does not matter when you made this thread coz honestly nonitos resume ****s on mares's at anytime....hell, mares's wins at 118 consists of lower ranked fighters with one that was not even decisive....and thats his best division so far..

Comment

• good bump. wow, this is as close as any poll i've seen on NSB, and no clear cut answer either. Both guys made careers fighting two/three fights at a weight class before jumping up rather than a period of sustained dominance at a class. I think Donaire's KO over prime flyweight Darchinyan ranks as the best victory on either man's record and had the more conclusive dominant victories of the two fighters;Mares's fights with Agbeko (the first one) Perez + Darchinyan were somewhat inconclusive and controversial. Donaire's win over Montiel who was coming off a win against Hasegawa is a pretty solid victory also, he was definitely a p4p top five fighter, whereas Mares probably peaked at #6 or 7.

Comment

• I voted for Mares, he was on the same kinda streak Froch was on, just fighting tough competition after another until he got blitz by Gonzalez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                I voted for Mares, he was on the same kinda streak Froch was on, just fighting tough competition after another until he got blitz by Gonzalez.
                Never in mares's career has he fought the best in the division ...not a118, 122, or 126...still he fought best competition available tho....

Comment

• What, really? Donaire, clearly by some distance.

Even before Rigondeaux, Vetyeka & Walters it was still clearly Donaire.

Comment

• Donaire's beat a lot of good fighters, his resume is very good.

It's a shame that when a fighter loses people sometimes tend to forget these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      What, really? Donaire, clearly by some distance.

Even before Rigondeaux, Vetyeka & Walters it was still clearly Donaire.
                      It wasn't that clear at the time. Anselmo Moreno alone was better than most Donaire opponents apart from Darchinyan.

Comment

Working...
                      X